preset poses error message

isales3isales3 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I can't get any of the preset poses to load. When I double click on one, it gives and error messages saying: "An error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details." The log file doesn't give any details. I can neither adapt an existing figure with the poses, nor create a new figure directly from from the poses menu. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can access the poses?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,145
    edited November 2014

How about a pose preset you save yourself - does that work? Are you applying the pose from Smart Content, or from the Content Library - if the latter, from the product or Categories list or from DAZ Studio Formats?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • isales3isales3 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I also posted a question about preset poses, but I'm not sure I submitted it. When I try to apply a preset pose to a model, or generate a model from such a pose, I keep getting an error message that says I should check the log file, which then tells me nothing. Is there something I need to do to stop this from happening? If I quit the programme and then relaunch, it will sometimes allow me to use the presets, but a whole load of presets will then be missing. Thanks for your help!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,145
    edited December 1969

Merged duplicate threads

• halfmast88halfmast88 Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Are you sure you have the figure you want to pose selected before you apply the pose? You need to make sure they are highlighted in the scene tab before applying a pose preset.

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

Also, I always double-click to make sure the whole figure is selected (for a figure pose) and not just say some part of the anatomy. (I say "make sure" but often I have the wrong thing selected, like a shoe, and then try to pose the figure wearing it, which of course doesn't work, hehe).