2001 EU auto

kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I've got the EU beetle car (http://www.daz3d.com/2001-eu-auto) and I'm trying to apply the Hybrid-grunge Gore-Dom to it.
The problem is I can only get the texture on parts of the car (the doors and back hatch) the main body doesn't seem to have any reference in the surface pane. I've gone through every one and the sub items in the scene pane but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to edit the texture. I've even tried applying the gore-dom layer to the whole car (everything selected) and it still leaves the main body (hood, roof, sides, front, etc) untouched.

I've even tried creating a geometry shell and applying the texture to it, but the shell does the same thing :(

Any ideas?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you use the Surface Selection tool, can you select the surfaces and see what they are?

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I forgot about the surface selection tool. Unfortunately the tool is telling me the surface is "CARCOLOR" which is the one I changed that only layered the doors and trunk but not any of the rest of the body.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Those parts may not be UV mapped, check UV View.

edited November 2014

While I'm trying to figure out how to get into UV view, if it's not UV mapped how would I go about mapping it so I can add a texture layer to it?

*edit*
    I just installed Daz 4.7 so I'm still trying to get used to the new layout.

Post edited by kaotkbliss on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

At the top right of the View port there should be a bar with the current view option showing (usually Perspective). Click it to get the UV View option. It should open set to View by Material and will show the UV layout of any material selected in the Surface tab.

edited December 1969

Ah, I didn't think of looking there. I was checking the view option in the main menu and the little ball next to the camera views.

edited December 1969

So I just got home to check the UV map and I'm really not even sure what this is supposed to be telling me. If I click on the main surface (that selects all the subsurfaces) I just get something that looks like someone used a crayon to color a big black square. If I click on sub components, it just looks like scribble...