Not Able to Change the Body Shapes of Genesis 2 Models?

sjaammonssjaammons Posts: 185
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, I'm new to Daz and I'm a bit perplexed about something.

So just starting out I have the Genesis 1 and 2 models. Genesis 1 seems a lot more useful, since I can change their body shapes (make them chubby, muscular, ect) but there seems to be little annoyances.

With the Genesis 1 female model I can change their body types, but I can't change their breast sizes, but with the Genesis 2 female I can change the breast size, but I can't change their body type. How the heck does this make sense?

Its about the same with the males, Genesis 1 is more useful since I can change their body type but nothing about the Genesis 2's body type.

However, as far as I've seen, most of the pose packs and other content in the store are only compatible with Genesis 2 and up. So this is my question:

Is there something I'm derping on and missing about the Genesis 2 models as far as changing their body types, or is this intentional and if I want any use from them I'm going to need to pay for some body morphs for the genesis 2 models in the store? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

There are morph packs you can get for Genesis 2 such as this one.

• sjaammonssjaammons Posts: 185
    edited December 1969

There are morph packs you can get for Genesis 2 such as this one.

Yeah I was kind of afraid of that. Everyone warned me Daz was kind of a racket when it came to its content. But if that's the only option what can I do? Thanks for the link and clearing that up for me.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Have a look at this thread : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/

It goes into detail on how to transfer Genesis (original) morphs to Genesis 2. Nothing extra to buy. I used it several months ago and I transferred loads of Genesis morphs to G2F.

Everyone warned me Daz was kind of a racket when it came to its content

Hardly a racket, it is a business, one which gives you everything that you need to start using the program (also free). You get free Lights, Shaders, Skins, Characters Props and many more items. If you want to expand on that, then you need to buy the separate morph packs etc. for your particular requirements.

There are sites all over the web which offer freebies for DAZ Studio and Poser, the one that I use most often is ShareCG.