getting a natural pose

isales3isales3 Posts: 0
edited November 2014 in New Users

I've been fiddling round with a pose to imitate a model in a photo (see below). No matter how I tweek my pose, I can't get the arms into the relaxed position they are in the photo. Is there a secret to these really tight bends in arms. It seems that, no matter what I do, the shoulders look all wrong. I just can't get the arms to twist into that position, before reaching the limits of the sliders for shoulder and arm.

Image removed by a Moderator As per the Forum ToS bullet point #1 http://www.daz3d.com/terms-of-service

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• isales3isales3 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think the problem would be resolved in part if there was a way of rounding the shoulders. Is there a way to do this in Daz3D?

• isales3isales3 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I posted this a while ago, but I don't think I submitted it, so apologies if this is a duplicate question.

I have been trying to pose a model the same way as is shown in the photo. No matter what I do, I can't get the arms close to the body the way they are in the photo, and the shoulders and armpits look really strange (as if they're dislocated). It seems I can't twist the should or forearm enough to get the level of rotation I see in the picture. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this, and how to make the model look more relaxed, please? My model look as if someone's got a gun stuck in her neck. Is there a way to make the model roll the shoulders ?
    Thanks for your help!

image removed by a moderator as per the DAZ 3D Forum ToS.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thread merged with duplicate thread

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I don't know what exactly you're trying to do, but I would suggest looking at all the Platinum Club poses for $1.99 (up) to see if there are any good starting points. I buy pose sets to use as starters, then tweak from there. There's also currently pose sets in the M4V4 sale if you buy a new release.

So far as starting from scratch, in Parameters, break down your model so all the parts are showing Neck>Head etc and start moving the highest up on the chain that you can first. Start with the shoulder, then the forearm. If you're working on the shoulder area, for any leaning motion (and I'm just guessing without a photo) then do something with the abdomen too.

• BalooBaloo Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

I would also consider starting with existing poses. The moment you get a couple of poses, it is quite easy to find TWO poses that contain your perfect shoulder if you were to move from one to the other.

Use Pupeteer to do exactly that and find the exact thing you want, then block all concerned parts of the figure and adapt the rest (making the figure sit, for instance).

Most of it is explained well here.