Installing things to the right folders.

RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I ran the installer from my user account, got the Windows 8 elevation dialog and everything seems to be OK, apart from the shortcut being put onto the Administrator's desktop rather than the user's (these things happen). Now I want to install the content libraries with the install manager but when I do Daz puts them into the Administrator user's account rather than the one I'm running from, some default location in My Documents. I can't see where I tell Daz which path to use for the media/content library.

What I want is the program and content manager service to sit where it should in Program Files, but for the content library to put everything that's interesting into a specific path on another drive.

Can someone help me here please? I appreciate it thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In DIM, go to Settings (the gear icon in the upper right) > Installation and click the + sign to add your desired path. After adding the path, make sure you switch the current path to your new location.

In DS, go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager and add the path to BOTH "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats".

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751
    edited December 1969

Yey it worked. Thank you.