Newbie Needs Help with Genesis/V4/M4 Clothes

mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
edited December 1969 in New Users

Problem (1): The Edwardian Suit for Genesis 2 female... When I pose the character the dress doesn't follow the legs so the legs stick out. I have the same problem with Pirates, the long coats don't move with poses on both the male and female. What am I doing wrong?

Problem (2): I have the same problem with both Pirates and Regency on the male. If I install underclothing, they poke through the outer coat. I can resolve this problem on the female so I don't understand why the same process does not work on the male.

Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited November 2014

It's nothing you're doing wrong, it's just that long skirts and coats can't be made to follow the movements of two legs at once. Usually the clothes have movement morphs (either on the object base part or a part named "skirt" or something similar) or the clothes include "ghost" body parts (usually attached to the skirt) which can't be seen but can be selected in the Scene tab. Note that this is not a one-click-fix, usually you will have to poke around and experiment with different settings of the morphs and/or ghost parts to see which best fits your figure's pose.

Another tip; if the best you can do is "nearly not poking through", try applying (or adjusting if there already is one) a Smoothing Modifier to the clothes. Select the clothes object and in the Scene tab, click on the Options button (top right corner, looks like four lines with a little arrowhead). Move the mouse down to "Edit" and you'll see "Add Smoothing Modifier" in the menu that pops out. Note that this does slow down D|S whenever you change a pose, all the clothes smoothing modifiers have to be recalculated. The settings for smoothing are in the Parameters tab when you have the clothes selected.

Edit: Your problem 2 might also be solvable with smoothing modifier settings. Note that this can involve some complicated layering — most clothes start out with smoothing set to collide with the figure, but you can change this to a lower layer of clothes. Only problem with this is that you can only set the smoothing to collide with one item at a time, e.g. right now it's impossible to collide with both the figure and a lower clothes layer.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on