New Tutorial - Legacy Rigging - 2 tuts re-upped

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited November 2014 in Freebies

Decided it was time to write a new tutorial for Legacy rigging of clothing for the older figures using D/S4.x

Edit to chop and add:

Uploading when sites are apparently making changes is not a good idea lol ...

Okay ... to upload zips at DA, first one uploads to ones Stash which is again working :-)
Then one can submit and draw them from the Stash ... so yeah!

We have the tutorials back:

Legacy Rigging of clothing for the older figures using D/S4.x

Legacy Rigging of Furniture in D/S4.x

A few IMPORTANT notes:

1. Not all .cr2s made in D/S4.x will work as desired in Poser. The only way to be sure is to test in Poser and be prepared to make changes, sometimes drastically. Poser makes props and those can be used in both programs so for those wishing to make a dollar making stuff, I'd highly recommend having both programs. While one can rig in Poser I do not cover that topic ... it is covered by experts elsewhere.
2. For working figure/props one may need to make a lot of little figures and then place them together in scene files or something ... however .cr2 files made in D/S4.x work appear to work just fine in D/S4.x and usually in D/S3.
I was testing in PP12 and oh well ...

3. MORPHING in D/S4.x ... okay, that nice neat place that appeared to us hobbyists as a neat place to brand one's morphs ... [would have been nice is somebody using Poser had mentioned this but ....] apparently NO. One should be typing in the NAME of the morph once again BECAUSE that is what will show as the name of the morph in Poser. Good news is yes the morph worked in Poser.

4. Saw somewhere some not-too-good-advice about how to make .cr2 files for both programs by hacking other .cr2 files ... the person asking wanting to sell products, NO. That is for starters, not likely to work because the rigging will not be in the correct place ... and 2. last time I checked, certain stores will NOT sell 3D work IF files were hacked to make them. They must be made properly. There is also a toolbox for sale in the Daz3d store for making certain changes to files.

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited November 2014

Thank You now it seems like a good time to read those tutorials and see if i can learn something :)

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

New links! Enjoy.

edited December 1969

Thank You, i have to start working with Hexagon :). But first i need to start with Bryce too :D

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Thank You, i have to start working with Hexagon :). But first i need to start with Bryce too :D

Bryce makes some really neat landscapes ... i tend to buy the products with scenes already made so can just sit back and enjoy those 'as is'. The exports from D/S can be imported into Bryce and rendered in the scene :-)

edited December 1969

Yes, I am aware of that, though i can't say i did much. But i really love Bryce though i haven't set my content library for it like for DS. But i have started, now i probably will do more with Bryce in the future. Next thing probably will be Hexagon :) i still have to move away from just opening it :D. For Bryce my plans are to do backdrops and backgrounds for my DS scenes. I hope i will be able to export things from DS to Bryce too, i did it once, but i am still not sure about all possibilities.