D force help required

I am having problems finding simple to follow information on just how to use d force and what exactly the system requirements are for using it. Almost everything thats for sale on Daz and elsewhere involves dforce, and yet there is seemingly no simple set of instructions for using clothing or hair.  For example I read a forum post that intimated that you need Nvidia graphics to use dforce, which I was not aware of, is this correct. I have to rely on  a CPU for everything and yet i get really good renders using iRay, although it can take some time to reach a satisfactory result. I know that there are dforce plug ins for sale because I have seen these in the store but I seem to have an ongoing problem searching for specific items, so I cannot find the item I need, and if so I dont actually know if buying it would result in enabling my use of dforce. 

So a simple set of system requirements and any plug ins that might help along with some tutorials would be of enormous help...

Thank you

Comments

• You need OpenCL - both nVidia and AMD GPUs provide that, and there is a also a driver for Intel CPUs, so no nVidia is not required. This post may help https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here#latest

• deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449

Thank you and thanks for link which I have just skimmed through. Initially there are things that have me struggling technologically but hopefully i can plod along and work these things out. From my quick look and read i need to set aside some quiet time and get down to trying to follow the information. I am still unsure if my computer is capable of using DForce, but maybe before very long I may have the answer to that.

• cajhincajhin Posts: 154
    edited April 2021

menu > Window > Panes > Simulation Settings,

there on the Advanced tab,

is anything listed under "OpenCL Device" ?

(personally, I wouldn't want to use dForce without a graphics card. Probably very slow and tedious)

Post edited by cajhin on

Been a while since I checked out this thread, and listed under CL device is...

So given that I assume my machine meets the criteria for open CL device then presumably dForce will work, question is would the speed be so slow as to make it virtually useless?