Make Pose Cameras Ignore Walls

ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
edited December 1969 in New Users

This is more a frustrated rant then a "how to question", but it's really annoying how the pose cameras (front, rear, left, right etc) get stuck at walls.

I'm trying to adjust some jewelery on a character in the middle of a room. I switch to the cameras, click to focus on the necklace, and hit a wall....and then I go and turn off the wall, and hit the poster on the wall...and so on.

(I know that the program doesn't know what's a wall and so forth, and the 2D nature of the posing cameras makes it so the camera can't just jump in front of stuff, I think).

Some kind of "I need to get a close up on this from this angle. Camera jump in there" drone is needed.
...so that might be a "how to" sort of question.)

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I think the simplest solution is to create a new camera to look through. You can select the object part (hand etc) in the scene and then click the partial box with the plus sign in it to have the camera zoom right to the part. You may still need to scoot the camera around a bit to get the right angle but it does speed things up.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I've done that.. I wish the pose ones would do that, though, since the 2d'ness is often usefull for fine tuning. Ce la vie :)

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I suppose you could always try and turn off perspective on the new camera.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

That's a new idea to me. I'll have to look that up! Thanks!