Daz Gift Cards by popular demand?

BalooBaloo Posts: 71
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Dear Daz people,

there used to be a time where the 4/8/16% Gift Card discount would appear regularly.

It's been pretty long since this has happened.

Could we get it soon, like last year, before Black Friday?
(November 18th last year, but it also appeared twice in September, once by "popular demand" nudge nudge)

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,470
    edited November 2014

They just had one last month. 25th

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • BalooBaloo Posts: 71
    edited November 2014

Mmmh.... nope, it wasn't a 4/8/16%, it was based on buying sales items and getting a discount which was capped at 8%

[edit: correction, "capped"]

Post edited by Baloo on
  • UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

You can buy a Gc with a reduction of 11% BUT the condition is that you must have $100 of items (not another GC) in your cart at the same time. Not really a good deal for me...

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314
    edited December 1969

Wilfred said:
    You can buy a Gc with a reduction of 11% BUT the condition is that you must have $100 of items (not another GC) in your cart at the same time. Not really a good deal for me...

Nor me. Recently the trend has been that you must buy a new release to get the GC discount, but to insist on 100 dollars of spend is by far the harshest requirement I have ever seen.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Havos said:
    Wilfred said:

Nor me. Recently the trend has been that you must buy a new release to get the GC discount, but to insist on 100 dollars of spend is by far the harshest requirement I have ever seen.

I agree, who can still afford a gift card after putting out 100.00 minimum for products? that is absurd!! Makes me think Daz didn't do as well as they wanted during the sale.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Agreed, few people will jump on this train in my humble opinion. A gift card sale is always neat, but not with those conditions.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited November 2014

I wouldn't be surprised if that's on purpose - entice folks who have cash but haven't been buying things in the sales to get stuff off their wishlists and into their libraries, in order to get a discount on later purchases (and let DAZ3D enjoy the use of our money earlier than they otherwise would - clever, there.)

Refresh my memory, please - how long do these remain valid? (If DAZ3D was based in Ontario, the answer would be "until redeemed," but I think Utah's laws allow gift cards to expire...?)

Post edited by robkelk on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,073
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's on purpose - entice folks who have cash but haven't been buying things in the sales to get stuff off their wishlists and into their libraries, in order to get a discount on later purchases (and let DAZ3D enjoy the use of our money earlier than they otherwise would - clever, there.)

Refresh my memory, please - how long do these remain valid? (If DAZ3D was based in Ontario, the answer would be "until redeemed," but I think Utah's laws allow gift cards to expire...?)

I have no idea on the gift card life; mine never last more than 3 or 4 minutes before I convert them into store credit -- and that never goes away. :-)

As for the slump in sales - I've been here, in the PC, since 2005. I may have spent $150 this month, total. Seems I already own everything I want currently in the PC category. Of the crazy deals and $2.99 bundles there were a grand total of 3 items I didn't already own - and I still don't own them. I let DAZ-O coupons go unused because I can't find anything, again, that I don't already own and have a use for. That also seems to include some of the buy-outs that have happened this year.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

There may be a time limit on when you need to redeem the GC's for Store Credit, but once you redeem them the store credit never expires.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314
    edited December 1969

Naturally by splitting the vendor sales into 8 hour chunks, as DAZ has done, it encourages multiple smaller orders, thus making the task for those that decide to go for the 100 dollar spend, all the more tricky.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    robkelk said:

I have no idea on the gift card life; mine never last more than 3 or 4 minutes before I convert them into store credit -- and that never goes away. :-)

As for the slump in sales - I've been here, in the PC, since 2005. I may have spent $150 this month, total. Seems I already own everything I want currently in the PC category. Of the crazy deals and $2.99 bundles there were a grand total of 3 items I didn't already own - and I still don't own them. I let DAZ-O coupons go unused because I can't find anything, again, that I don't already own and have a use for. That also seems to include some of the buy-outs that have happened this year.

I usually spend no less than 500.00 during these sales but this sale I don't know if I even passed 150.00, I always find it hard to get products to use my coupons on but since I didn't buy many this sale there will be lots to choose from once they pass new and they always go on sale again usually for less than now even. I already have over 3000 items in my library many of which I haven't even installed or rendered, they still have the NEW banner on the icons...lol I just didn't feel the pressure of "hurry grab it now!" ... it's going to be in the store long past today so I will grab it next round or the next...I certainly have lots to keep me busy in the meantime. Hopefully next year I won't already own everything in the crazy deals, or the .99 categories.

• pc2014pc2014 Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Somehow my eyes tricked me into seeing 11% off a purchase of $100 or more, gift cards included. I was so excited, but a $200 gift card in my basket, only to see no discount. I'm bummed. I had no intention of blowing $100 tonight in random DAZ items. I'd hoped to savor the GC over the course of a few weeks (likely days). Oh well. Looks like I'll be opting out of this gift card purchase and saving my dollars for another day.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

That's what I did - bought for $100 mostly wishlisted V4/M4 stuff which was 80% off and included a $250 gift card. Would have bought the V4/M4 stuff anyway so not a bad deal. Haven't bought much during the sale otherwise.