Deleting and copying a custom body morph

tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi all,

I'm sure theres a quick and easy answer to this, but I just can't seem to discover it. I've recently learned how to make partial body morphs for my characters and am very excited about it too! However, I made a test morph that I don't want anymore and I can't work out how to delete it from the parameters pane - any suggestions please?

Also, I've made a morph that affects the left shoulder and I'd like to make an identical morph for the right shoulder without having to guess where I previously positioned all the markers. Is there a way to copy the left shoulder morph over to the right shoulder, or failing that find out what the exact co-ordinates were that I used on the original morph? Or is it not possible to be this precise?

Thanks again!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,370
    edited December 1969

Assuming this is DAZ Studio, to delete the morph you need to find it in the \Data folder - for example \Data\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\Author\Product\Morph.sf, where Author and product are the names you entered when saving the morph asset.

How did you make your morph? If you used Dforms those can be mirrored fairly easily; if you used a modelling application that will depend on the application and the tools used.

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994
    edited November 2014

Hello Richard, and thanks :)

Yes, I made the morph using Dforms. Could you please explain how to mirror it for the opposite shoulder in dummies' terms for me? Does the method differ for two sides of the same body section? ie either side of the hips?

Post edited by tl155180 on
    edited December 1969

From some searches I've done it looks like you need to switch on Symmetry somehow when you're making the morph, but I've tried that and it didn't seem to do anything. I can't even tell if Symmetry is turned on or not.

Its very frustrating because I, totally by accident, made a perfect morph for one side of the body, but I can't quite replicate it for the other side if I do it free-hand again.

Any tips would be gratefully received :D

edited December 1969

To irror the DForms you need to reverse the x translation (add or remove a minus sign) and the same for the y and z rotations on all parts.

edited November 2014

To irror the DForms you need to reverse the x translation (add or remove a minus sign) and the same for the y and z rotations on all parts.

Yeah, I understand the principle involved in mirroring, but how do I see the translations/rotations in the morph I've already created? Or how do I copy it and then edit the translations in order to mirror the copy?

Sorry if I'm being dense.

I'll try to explain my problem a bit better - I've made a morph now that thins the width of the upper left leg. This morph works just how I want it to because I was flukey in placing the field and base exactly where they needed to be to achieve the look I'm after. The morph is now saved and I can use it whenever I want, but I can't find a way to either view/edit the field/base parameters I used for it, or copy it so that I can edit the copy to mirror it for the other leg.

edited December 1969

Sorry, you can't mirror the morph - at least not inside DS. But you could mirror the DForms, if you still have them (in a saved scene or as a preset).

edited December 1969

Sorry, you can't mirror the morph - at least not inside DS. But you could mirror the DForms, if you still have them (in a saved scene or as a preset).

Unfortunately not, its all saved as a morph now. So theres no way to deconstruct a morph back into the DForms again so that you can see the parameters?

Ok, but if I create a new DForm then I guess I can take a note of the parameters and then just mirror them for the next one - that should work. Its a bit of a faff though, isn't it.

edited December 1969

Save a DForm preset, that's easier than making a note of the settings (File>Save as>DForm Preset).

edited December 1969

Save a DForm preset, that's easier than making a note of the settings (File>Save as>DForm Preset).

Ah, good tip. Thanks for the advice Richard.

Sometimes I wonder if the designers of Genesis2F did all their research at a women's bodybuilding gym :)

edited November 2014

Hmmm, I have a new problem now.

I can't create morphs in Daz Studio anymore - at all. If I try it exactly the same way I did it before (set up the Dformer, then go to the menu Window > Panes > DForm, check all the boxes and making sure Victoria 6 is selected in the Scene tab, then hit spawn morph, give it a name and hit OK) the DFormer works fine but when I try to save it as a morph nothing happens. No morph appears in the parameters tab or anywhere in my files. The DFormer is still deleted in the process, but it doesn't create the morph.

Any ideas please? Do I need to reinstall Daz Studio or something crazy?

edited December 1969

Nevermind. For some reason its now working again. Weird!