More free content added to Genesis 2 Starter essentials

fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
edited December 1969 in The Commons

G2F and G2M Starter Essentials were just updated and a bunch of new content has been added.

G2F: added 2 new Scene Builder scenes, a pin-up scene and a superhero scene. These include 2 outfits, 1 hair, 2 settings, 3 light sets, & related poses. ToXic Toulouse Hair has also been added with over 100 new colors, with PoserCF's included.

G2M: added 1 new Scene Builder scene with lumberjack clothing, props, and hair

G2M_Starter_Essentials_new_Scene_Builder_content.png
492 x 255 - 62K
G2F_Starter_Essentials_new_Scene_Builder_content.png
497 x 403 - 131K

Comments

• throttlekittythrottlekitty Posts: 173
    edited December 1969

Awesome, thanks! I was hoping to see how the shaders for the lumberjack shirt work under the hood, but they don't load in the shader mixer, is that intended?

I hate to be an ass, but any chance we could see an update to the tangent basis in D|S? I've yet to find any bake process for normal maps that works here, and I see that this set has issues too.

Clipboard01.jpg
    494 x 715 - 138K
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

That's very nice! I get a notion the hairstyles, Sci-Fi Siren, String Bikini and Level 19 are from interactive lessons, won't they cause me "Duplicate ID" errors? I will nonetheless download the essentials soon just for the Gen2M clothes and weapons. It looks like a PA whose work I admire worked on them :).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,548
    edited December 1969

If the assets repeat things already installed they will not be duplicated, DIM (if you are using that) will simply note that they are used by both sets and not remove the files until both products are uninstalled.

edited December 1969

Awesome, thanks! I was hoping to see how the shaders for the lumberjack shirt work under the hood, but they don't load in the shader mixer, is that intended?

Only surfaces using the DAZ Default Shader or a Shader Mixer shader can be imported into Shader Mixer - those using uberSurface or other compiled shaders can't.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

If the assets repeat things already installed they will not be duplicated, DIM (if you are using that) will simply note that they are used by both sets and not remove the files until both products are uninstalled.

Eh, I will download it even if it's going to give errors. I don't use DIM, so removal would be tricky. I'll hope it will just overwrite what was updated. I am going for the clothes - they look like MEC4D's - the weapons and ToXic textures.

• CricketCricket Posts: 438
    edited December 1969

I launched DIM today, and I don't have an update; only the Troll showed an update. Do I have to do something to get the update? I thought it was supposed to be automatic?

edited December 1969

Updates should show automatically - if you find the package in the Ready to Install list and hover the mouse over it you should get its date.

edited November 2014

That's the problem. It's not showing in the Ready to Download or Ready to Install tab.

Post edited by Cricket on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Try holding down Ctrl while clicking the Refresh icon.

edited December 1969

That didn't work either. I'm thinking of just uninstalling and re-installing them.

edited December 1969

Click "Show Hidden" on the Ready to Download tab, in case they were hidden for some reason? Or uninstall and delete the zips.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,748
    edited November 2014

I got a Download Failed every time I tried to download and install the updates with DIM. I then tried to delete the existing files, that solved the problem. Wonder if it's a permission thing (Win 7)?

Or maybe missing DIM data? I've reinstalled the system, only kept the zips, forgot to back up other DIM data. No problem with other, smaller files though (these were new downloads/installs, not updates, however).

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,819
    edited December 1969

How is the base camp different from the ones found in the store?

• KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

How is the base camp different from the ones found in the store?

The base included with DS is just the plain base. No added material options, extra toppers etc.... If you want the full range, you'd want to purchase the set in the store. This is more of a "sampler" version. :)

edited December 1969

Ok, so I checked the "show hidden" tab, and it wasn't there. I uninstalled, and hovered over the items in the "ready to install" tab, and the date shown was 11/7/14. I reinstalled, and still no updated items.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568
    edited December 1969

I don't seem to have the new starter essentials.

Am using the latest version of DAZ, but the gen 2 starter essentials both refer to this wiki:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/16280/start.

edited November 2014

I don't seem to have the new starter essentials.

Am using the latest version of DAZ, but the gen 2 starter essentials both refer to this wiki:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/16280/start

Yes, that's correct.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568
    edited December 1969

I wasn't seeing the new content but the installer pointed to that wiki. I still had old Genesis 2 starter essentials for some reason.

What worked for me is getting out of DAZ 3D, Uninstalling both gen 2 female and gen 2 male with DIM. Deleting the Installer, and re-downloading it. Now I have the new content. Voila!