Can I not have water and a hdri map?

SchaakaSchaaka Posts: 141

Im trying to make a scene on water with a boat. 

Ive really liked how hdri's light a scene kinda exactly how I like them with incredible ease. But why does the hdri replace the water in a scene? Can I have it not do that?

If I use the default Daz lighting I will get the water but the lighting will be flat (comparatively) and wont have a background sky like with the hrdi adds in behind the trees.

The water is replaced with beach sand from the ground of the hdri. I certainly must be doing something wrong.

How do I fix?

Comments

• In the properties for the Dome (HDRI) make sure the Draw Ground option is switched off
  • QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 899

Is your water a prop or plane with water textures that is in the scene? Daz Studio has an option in the render settings pane that allows you to control the height of the scene's "ground." It's located under Environment, toward the bottom, I believe. Some HDRIs may load with the ground option set to Auto or a specific height, which might raise the ground to a height that is above the level of your water prop. Try setting it to Manual (it will load below the object that is set lowest on the Y-axis) or setting the height to a lower or negative number. That might help.

• SchaakaSchaaka Posts: 141

Holy guacamole you guys got it!

It was drving me crazy all day. Either its never been a probklem before of this hrdi put that draw ground option on.

Semi-ralted note. What is dof or non dof in terms for hdri? Iirc it means dirrection of focus but even then I dont exactly know what that means

• In this context it usually means Depth Of Field. This comes from classic photography and more or less means blurry background.