Licensing rights and copyright questions

Hey friends, I've been using Daz in conjunction with Photoshop for personal projects, and I've put a big dent in a graphic novel I've been working on. Originally, this was going to be "just for me", but I've started considering the possibilities of publishing it (if that's even possible). I've tried to understand the Daz licensing agreements in the way of 2D and 3D, commercial and personal, and I keep finding information that either A: seems to contradict itself, or B: my puny brain simply doesn't understand it. Could someone please tell me if I could make and sell a graphic novel with the general rights that come with purchased Daz products since it's 2D art? Or would that require the purchase of additional commercial licensing? Thank you all so much for your help!

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

Selling a graphic novel made from renders should be fine with regular license.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Terms of Use. Two Dimensional Works. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, User may (i) access, use, copy and modify the Content in the creation and presentation of two-dimensional animations and renderings, (ii) incorporate two dimensional images (including two dimensional images that simulate motion of three dimensional objects) derived by User from the Content in User's other works, and (iii) publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense User's two-dimensional animations, renderings and other works; provided that User may not in any case publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the Content can be separately exported, extracted or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format.

• Thank you both for your replies! I've read the Terms of Use over and over again, but I think I just needed someone to plainly say, "Yes, it's OK to use the images you've rendered as a graphic novel without violating or infringing on anything." The legalities of everything are terrifying to navigate. Thanks again for commenting, I appreciate you both taking the time!