Prob with Particles inside a Volume

PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
edited April 2021 in New Users

Hey guys, I'm having this problem with the Particles in a Glowball from the https://www.daz3d.com/iray-ghost-light-kit-3 set, while inside another Volume that fills the scene.

It'll be obvious in the attached image, but it's the rectangles that the Particles are apparently on, with Opacity Maps that are solid black around the Particles. Changing the Opacity Parameter itself for the Particles down from their default of 1.0 (0.10) makes the Particles themselves disappear as well, obviously...

Is there any way to tweak the Volume that's filling the room in any way so that those rectangular "voids" aren't visible like this?

The Volume's Surface Parameters are in the other attached image if it would happen to help.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

HP 01b.png
1920 x 1080 - 2M
VolumeParam.PNG
606 x 1605 - 289K
Post edited by Phatmartino on

Comments

• There is an issue with opacity in the current version of Iray. Try setting the opacity value to 99, instead of 100, as that helps in at least some cases.

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited April 2021

Thanks Richard, I was excited to try thinking I had overlooked the totally obvious (but I was thinking you meant the Opacity of the Volume)...

I did try setting the Opacity of the Volume to 0.99, even 0.999. You probably already know that basically makes the Volume disappear. It still seems to create a "grainy" look, but the color of the Volume disappears and any other light sources that were affecting it, don't, as a result as well.

I was wrong about the Opacity of the Particles in my original post, they're already set at 0.10, not 1.0... If that's more than likely what you meant, I guess this version of iRay just might not be able to do it for me with these particular props, at least...

Thanks again for taking the time, as always, sir!

Post edited by Phatmartino on