transfer/copy morphs to same gen character

hello, i made 2 custom gen 8 male characters

the first one had a bunch of morphs to customize the face, body etc

now my second other gen 8 male character im creating i want the same morphs on him as i had on my first one so i dont have to do a lot of the sliders and stuff over again

the morphs are compatible and its the same base, how would i go about copying/transfering that to the new second model?

Comments

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 899
    edited April 2021

I think you can copy and paste morphs from one figure to another in the Parameters Pane, but I don't have Daz Studio available to try it out at the moment. Off the top of my head, here are two other options:

You could save a Shaping Preset using the one that has all the morphs and then apply that to the second one. Select the morphed Genesis 8 Male in your scene and go to File > Save As > Shaping Preset. You'll get a menu showing all the available morph options, and you'll want to have all the ones used in your character checked. Any morph that's checked will be saved at its current value (if you've got a nose shape dialed in, it will be saved at whatever % it's used at; morphs you haven't used will be saved at 0%), so you can get away with checking off everything, but keep in mind that if your saved preset has "Head Shape A" saved at 0%, and your new character uses "Head Shape A" at any strength, the preset will affect that and reset it to 0% as it adds in your morphs. It's best to go through the menu and check only the morphs that you've used if you're not planning to start with a completely unmorphed G8M for your second character. Does that make sense? Once you click Accept, you have a handy preset that can be used to apply your chosen morphs to any Genesis 8 Male character.

Alternatively, you could save your morphed guy as a Scene Subset. This would basically save a copy of Genesis 8 Male with all your adjustments. You can even choose to save hair, clothes, or other wearables along with him so that they all load together. When you load the new scene subset, you would get a new Genesis 8 Male will all your changes already applied.

Post edited by Quixotry on