How can you tell how tall a character is?

I know this may seem like a simple question. But I haven't run across any measuring tools.

So, if I want to know how tall character is. Or how wide a desk is.  Or the diameter of a globe?

Is it possible? And if so, How?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited April 2021

One option is the Measure Metrics product.

Post edited by barbult on
  • PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited April 2021

There may be more elegant ways to do this, but the first thing that popped into my head was the fact that when you use Create > New Primitive, the Dialog that opens lets you choose the Size in Inches, Feet, Yards, Centimeters and Meters...

If you make a Plane Primitive (Z Positive might be the most useful Primary Axis) at 100 Inches, once it's in the Scene you could alter the X or Y Scale of the Primitive in the Parameter Tab and the % should pretty much reflect how many inches if whole numbers are used for the Scale, for instance 72% would be 72 Inches/6 Feet, etc.

Post edited by Phatmartino on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Make primitive cylinders of various legths to use as metering rods.

For a globe, make spheres of different diameters.Experiment until you make one that fits perfectly inside the globe you want to measure.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited April 2021
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

For measuring using primitives make the primitive one meter and adjust scale til it fit the object being measured then do the math.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

This is my go-to: https://sharecg.com/v/40765/browse/11/Poser/Poser-height-measuring-rulers

Yes, it says "Poser", but it is indeed scaled right for Daz.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

It also helps when using such rulers to use a non-perspective view like Front View.