Missing File Problem G8 Male

lcattus_9716520438lcattus_9716520438 Posts: 31
edited April 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion

Version 4.15.0.2 Pro Edition (64-bit)

I've recently started getting a missing file warning when I load any G8M character. 

The following files could not be found:
data/daz 3d/ genesis 8/male/genesis8male.dsf

Once I OK the warning the figure loads.

I've removed and reloaded the starter files and checked the log but still have the problem. The file appears to be where it should be.
Q:\DAZ\00 DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Genesis8Male.dsf

Any ideas?

Post edited by lcattus_9716520438 on

Comments

• If you find the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in the Products tab of Smart Content does the product have a circled triangle icom at top-right of the thumbnail

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Assuming that's a cut and paste for the first directory path, there's a difference between them:

data/daz 3d/ genesis 8/male

data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male

Ignoring the difference between \ and / and the capitalization: There's a space in the first directory path ( "/ genesis 8" vs "\Genesis 8" ) that doesn't exist in the second.

Have you installed any G8M morphs or characters recently? Especially any freebies? If that is a cut-and-paste, it looks like there may be a mistyped path in something you've recently installed.

• lcattus_9716520438lcattus_9716520438 Posts: 31
    edited April 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

If you find the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in the Products tab of Smart Content does the product have a circled triangle icom at top-right of the thumbnail

No Richard I don't see a circled triangle in the thumbnail. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • lcattus_9716520438lcattus_9716520438 Posts: 31
    edited April 2021

vwrangler said:

Ignoring the difference between \ and / and the capitalization: There's a space in the first directory path ( "/ genesis 8" vs "\Genesis 8" ) that doesn't exist in the second.

Have you installed any G8M morphs or characters recently? Especially any freebies? If that is a cut-and-paste, it looks like there may be a mistyped path in something you've recently installed.

Hi vwrangler, thanks - I'd noticed the space but for example when I load an unmodified Edward 8 the log file shows the problem as soon as the .duf file loads

2021-04-20 19:24:45.640 Loaded file: edward 8.duf
    2021-04-20 19:24:47.056 Could not resolve : "/data/DAZ 3D/ Genesis 8/Male/Genesis8Male.dsf"

So I'd assumed that the problem was associated with that file (which has previously loaded OK), but maybe you're suggesting that some other file could be involved. Any idea what type of file I should be looking for?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited April 2021

lcattus_9716520438 said:

vwrangler said:

Hi vwrangler, thanks - I'd noticed the space but for example when I load an unmodified Edward 8 the log file shows the problem as soon as the .duf file loads

2021-04-20 19:24:45.640 Loaded file: edward 8.duf
    2021-04-20 19:24:47.056 Could not resolve : "/data/DAZ 3D/ Genesis 8/Male/Genesis8Male.dsf"

So I'd assumed that the problem was associated with that file (which has previously loaded OK), but maybe you're suggesting that some other file could be involved. Any idea what type of file I should be looking for?

Any G8M character/morph package that you installed just before the error started appearing.

The issue likely isn't with the main G8M starter essentials themselves. The issue is with something else. However, because Genesis 8 has to load each and every installed morph file when you put him into a scene (or call him from a saved scene), it has to read all of those files, so the error will appear every time you load any G8M character.

What G8M character or morphs did you instal right before the issue started appearing?

• Guys I got it. smiley I had a projection morph from a friend who'd adapted it for M8 (badly) - it had the extra space typo in a dsf file. Thanks for the support! - Lucia

• Zed6Zed6 Posts: 14

lcattus_9716520438 said:

Guys I got it. smiley I had a projection morph from a friend who'd adapted it for M8 (badly) - it had the extra space typo in a dsf file. Thanks for the support! - Lucia

Is there any specific way you found what is was? Having this issue myself, and have so many moprhs installed so it's hard to find  

• lcattus_9716520438 said:

Guys I got it. smiley I had a projection morph from a friend who'd adapted it for M8 (badly) - it had the extra space typo in a dsf file. Thanks for the support! - Lucia

Hello,

I got the same errot exactly. I know what files I installed that caused the issue. How do I fix it?