Need Help Isolating Geometry (solved)

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,181

When you use Geometry Editor and delete away a lot of geometry from an object, how do you make the remaining part its own object so it rotates around its own axis and does not "remember" the other geometry it was once a part of?

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited April 2021

I usually export as OBJ and reimport, taking care to use the same preset in the options dialogue both ways. The Joint Editor can be used to set the centre point, regardless of whether or not you do the import/export bit.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,181

Hmm, I often have trouble getting the textures to export and reimport right with the object. It is time to learn to do that right. It is also time I learn to use the joint editor. In the last month or so I bought a script product from the Daz store that changes the joint position. I should learn to use that too.

I just thought there might have been an option in the geometry editor to discard deleted or hidden geometry.

Exporting then importing is definitely worth a try and then saving the object for future use is the way to go.

Thanks Richard you solved my question here very satisfactorily. 

• I would just reload the original and copy/paste the surface settings to the new prop.