Questions about daz to Zbrush

hello everyone

I'm still a noob and trying to figure out how things work, I'm trying to create morphs between 2 charcters and when I use ctrl to seclect 2 characters in daz and hit SEND TO ZBRUSH button, only one character shows up in Zbrush.

How do you guys do such thing? Please let me know if I've done anything wrong during the process.

Comments

• Send one, then send the other - it will arrive as a separate sub-tool. Moprhs depend on the vertex count and order, so you don't want to completely merge the two.

• leo_bearleo_bear Posts: 44

Richard Haseltine said:

Send one, then send the other - it will arrive as a separate sub-tool. Moprhs depend on the vertex count and order, so you don't want to completely merge the two.

Hi Richard, thank you for the rely. When I try to send the second character to Zbrush, it automatically delete all the first character's subtool. All that was left was second character's subtool. It is driving me crazy.. Any ideas that can fix the problem?

• Try parenting the second figure to the first - it's not something I've done, but it certainly works with clothing and other fitted items (but of course you presumably don't want to fit the second figure to then first). If that still fails try exporting each as OBJ (make sure it's at base resolution, no attachments such as the lashes) and you shoudl be able to import them as separate sub-tools in ZBrush, then export each as OBJ and use Morph Loader in DS.

• CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 15

bearfft said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Send one, then send the other - it will arrive as a separate sub-tool. Moprhs depend on the vertex count and order, so you don't want to completely merge the two.

Hi Richard, thank you for the rely. When I try to send the second character to Zbrush, it automatically delete all the first character's subtool. All that was left was second character's subtool. It is driving me crazy.. Any ideas that can fix the problem?

Another way to do it is to send the first character to Zbrush; duplicate it in the subtool menu; then send the second character from Daz Studio and it will only delete one copy of the first character. Also you should be able to do it via the append option in the subtool menu as the menu that pops up should still have the first character in there.