dForce hates me (won't collide against anything except G8F)

perlkperlk Posts: 847

I've been struggling with this for like 2 hours. I can't figure out how to get this dforce shirt to use multiple collision objects. I set it to Genesis 8.1 Female but I also wanted to set it to pants so it sits properly. If I remove her pants, it works fine.I added the pants as a static object, but it's almost like it doesn't see them. The pants are not dForce. The bra beneath is the GeoBra which is basically just a texture overlay (so not a real object). Any hints?

Capture-daz-weirdness.JPG
3456 x 1817 - 514K

Comments

• That is not dForce, that is the Smoothing Modifier. dForce will, by default, collide with any object that isn't set to be invisible to Simulation. The Smoothing Modifier does have only a single collision target, one option (though not necessarily ideal) is to add a Geoemtry Shell, set that as the collision target, and adjust the Shell's offset (from its Push Modifier) to deal with poke-through.

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

Richard Haseltine said:

That is not dForce, that is the Smoothing Modifier. dForce will, by default, collide with any object that isn't set to be invisible to Simulation. The Smoothing Modifier does have only a single collision target, one option (though not necessarily ideal) is to add a Geoemtry Shell, set that as the collision target, and adjust the Shell's offset (from its Push Modifier) to deal with poke-through.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry if I seem dense but DS is a whole different ballgame to Poser. How do I add a Geometry shell?

• With the figure selected Create>New Geometry Shell

• perlkperlk Posts: 847
    Thank you!