Why sometimes Environment & tone mapping tap just randomly disappear from "render setting"??

As in attached, happens about once every week, but I find this extremely annoying 

Why sometimes Daz opens with some setting went auto hidding and there's no valid way to fix it?  there're enough chaos to deal with in Daz, and this inconsistance really not making things any easier.  

Nope, they aren't in scene tap either

Anyone outthere had the same issue? 

dazerror.png
869 x 1749 - 351K

Comments

• windli3356windli3356 Posts: 219

k, I was able to add them back by "create new enviorment & tone mapping node" but good lord, who thought it was a good idea to randomize & delete your original work setting? 

• Can I suggest you create a suitable 'pose preset' for them, so when they disappear they can be re-generated with a click. I made the mistake of saving them as a scene subset, and as a result they get duplicated and DS doesn't reall know what to do with that. It doesn't crash, just behaves a bit oddly.

Regards,

Richard

• windli3356 said:

k, I was able to add them back by "create new enviorment & tone mapping node" but good lord, who thought it was a good idea to randomize & delete your original work setting? 

The nodes don't get deleted at random, they probably were selected by mistake along with things you did want to delete.

richardandtracy said:

Can I suggest you create a suitable 'pose preset' for them, so when they disappear they can be re-generated with a click. I made the mistake of saving them as a scene subset, and as a result they get duplicated and DS doesn't reall know what to do with that. It doesn't crash, just behaves a bit oddly.

Regards,

Richard

Good suggestion, I actually already done that immediately when I learnt how restored the enviorment & tone mapping tap

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited April 2021

As far as I can tell, in 4.15 most of the environment and tone mapping settings are now attatched to each scene.  I've noticed that they will not appear in the scene tab until I activate the iray preview.  Then they just show up.  Maybe this will help.

Post edited by Spacious on

Richard Haseltine said:

windli3356 said:

The nodes don't get deleted at random, they probably were selected by mistake along with things you did want to delete.

But I wasn't talking about the nodes, I exclusively access to enviorment & tonemaping tabs via "render setting" before nodes were introduced in 4.14 or 4.15 and I never touch the nodes, as far as I can recall, even deleting nodes in scene won't make the tabs in "render setting" disappear, did that change recently? 

• Yes, if the nodes are not present the settings are not available in the pane (and the values will be the defaults). You must have the Environment node loaded to have access to the properties, and to give them non-default values. The same for Tonemapping.

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, if the nodes are not present the settings are not available in the pane (and the values will be the defaults). You must have the Environment node loaded to have access to the properties, and to give them non-default values. The same for Tonemapping.

I see, guess I will just need to adapt to the new meta.  thanks!

• DpiximajDpiximaj Posts: 23

This odd behaivor happened to me out of the blue today... Odd circumstances were before hand some of my multiple monitor panel displays were missing on startup???   Redid them because I am very used to where I look for stuff, but noticed that environment and tonemapping were not in render settings(Editor).  Very strange... created new environment and tonemapping thanks to your input. Thanks windli3356.  Very odd... don't know what caused that???

• Dpiximaj said:

This odd behaivor happened to me out of the blue today... Odd circumstances were before hand some of my multiple monitor panel displays were missing on startup???   Redid them because I am very used to where I look for stuff, but noticed that environment and tonemapping were not in render settings(Editor).  Very strange... created new environment and tonemapping thanks to your input. Thanks windli3356.  Very odd... don't know what caused that???

If there are no nodes then, by design, the settings are not avaialble and have their default values. This is how Daz Studio now behaves. As suggested, create a scene with the nodes, save it, and use Edit>Preferencse to set that scene to load on start (Start Up tab) or creating a new scene (Scene tab).

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

I usually have this set to a render tab in the corner along with the scene tree that shows the file pathing to all props and bone children. In 4.15 they have also the settings like a gizmo in the actual scene if you not using a tab with the settings. You can lock settings or tabs in place i think incase you accidently drag it off the screen, you can also restore default settings if something major has gone missing and you can't locate what went wrong. In most cases i keep certain tabs in left and right sides of my screen as i'm working on one large monitor rather then 2 or three monitors, if your using multi display setups you may have to reset placement of your tabs the second or third display

• DpiximajDpiximaj Posts: 23

R Haseline yeah thanks I figured there's a way to save a default scene on startup.  Just odd out of the blue it ditched it... like first time ever. Cenobite I'll look for the gizmo. Lots of programs have custom workspace you can save. Daz saved my panel layout before and today it's where I reconfiged it... weird.