Copy and Paste

WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
edited December 1969 in New Users

After two happy years using DAZ and many, many nice results I'm not really a New User. Nevertheless I got stupid questions still. Even though I purchased POSER in the first days, just because it provides my first language, I still prefer to work with DS only. I don't really miss anything but I'm conscious I don't utilize many useful functions. Experimenting with them caused some problems in the beginning, so I don't dare to try many things.
But here is what might be an essential option in many cases:
How can I use the copy/paste function? Is it really possible to duplicate an item in the scene or to apply a figure's pose to another one?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

How can I use the copy/paste function? Is it really possible to duplicate an item in the scene or to apply a figure’s pose to another one?

You cannot duplicate a figure using the Copy/Paste function, but you can use the Create > New Node Instance (or Instances). You can use the Copy function with a figure selected, and then the Paste the Pose or Shape or even the Position of the original figure using the option in the Parameters pane dropdown.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,374
    edited December 1969

You can also use Edit>Duplicate to get the same result as loading a second copy of the item and copying the settings across.

• WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Great! It works! No idea why I didn't get it earlier.
    My Edit menu doesn't show off a "duplicate" option, but that doesn't matter.
    Thank you both very much! I will know to take advantage of it! ;-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,374
    edited December 1969

If you aren't seeing the Duplicate sub menu you may be missing other new features - assuming you are using a fairly current version of DS. If you are using one of the standard layouts reload it, if you are using a custom layout save it (to be safe) and then in the Content Library go to Scripts>Utilities and run Update and Merge Menus.