Live models?

talonpiercetalonpierce Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Unfortunately I have little time to spare, and less for combing the forums for answers.

I simply wish to know if its possible to scan images or video of a live person to create a model template to work with in DAZ?

Learning the basics and practicing tutorials is entertaining, but if I'm headed in the wrong direction I should correct my course sooner than later.

I'd like to use a model of someone I lost in my digital art, and need to know if I'm using the right product for the job.

Thanks for any practical suggestions where to begin.

Talon

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately I have little time to spare, and less for combing the forums for answers.

I simply wish to know if its possible to scan images or video of a live person to create a model template to work with in DAZ?

Learning the basics and practicing tutorials is entertaining, but if I'm headed in the wrong direction I should correct my course sooner than later.

I'd like to use a model of someone I lost in my digital art, and need to know if I'm using the right product for the job.

Thanks for any practical suggestions where to begin.

Talon

You'll need to explain a bit more, please. When you say work in DAZ do you mean DAZ Studio or DAZ Hexagon? Which DAZ program?

In DAZ Studio, you might be able to make a model look somewhat to a living person by working with morphs. In most cases this means purchasing the morph sets for head and/or body to make changes with dials. It all depends on how close you have to get to the person.

In something like DAZ Hexagon, you'd model the figure or morph a DAZ figure.

In either case, if you're in a hurry, it may not be as quick and easy as you hope, but it's a bit difficult to assess without more information.

• talonpiercetalonpierce Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I got DAZ Studio as an intro for a better understanding of its capabilities and potential, but running on 3 hours of sleep a night due to work/school/family/ resolving the next crisis, etc., I no longer have the luxury of sitting at my computer researching, learning, and designing things for days or weeks at a time.

I lack the talent and patience to morph a projects facial features into the likeness of a particular person, although animation of subtle facial expressions and body movement would come easily.

Morphing a generic model into a likeness of someone is not a skill of mine, yet if I could provide a likeness by image or video with software able to assess, interpret, and convert the dimensions and structure into a digital copy, I could focus on the animation and personalities that friends and family would recognize. Is that a bit more clear or did I not quite phrase that right? There are so many studios available, finding the right one to invest time and effort into is what I need advice on, from those who know.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,600
    edited December 1969

Faceshop Pro will try to make a match for a face, though it isn't automatic (you have to pick out the salient features). I think Facegen has a DS plugin/file transfer but I know even less about that. I'm not aware of any tools that will attempt to match a body shape or perform automated motion transfer.

• talonpiercetalonpierce Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I have a place to start now.

Talon

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 671
    edited December 1969

I think Facegen has a DS plugin/file transfer but I know even less about that.

FaceGen has one app to convert photos into a head morph, and another to convert that morph to a Genesis 1 figure.

The good news is free trial versions of both apps are available at FaceGen's site, allowing you to try before you buy.