One Click Expression Adjustments

poorman_65poorman_65 Posts: 140

I have quite a few products that have One Click Expressions, but they don't have associated Dialable sliders. Unfortunately, most of them are overly exagerated, and this makes them unusable without tweaking them.

I know that I can go into my sliders and adjust parts of the expressions, such as to open the eyes a little, or close the mouth some. This is ok, but what I really would like to do is to be able to adjust the whole expression, so that all of the expression components are eased up.

Some artists, such as Zeddicus, supply both the One Click and Dialable sliders with their expressions. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be the normal MO for many other artists.

Is there a utility, or something, that would allow me to simply use a slider to select the degree of the expression that I would like? If not, does anyone have a solution to make this easier to handle?

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

I don't buy poses, so I'm not that familiar with how they're packaged, but...

Dials are for morphs, whereas poses/expressions are for bones. They don't work on the same principles. You can create drivers that control bones, but that seems like a lot more work than just saving a pose preset, which I wager is what most pose-makers do.

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited May 2021

You could apply the expression to a fresh loaded Dev Load figure, export as OBJ, import with morph loader pro, adjust bones to shape, test, ERC freeze, zero morph, save as morph asset, repeat for the rest of the expressions you want to have sliders for.  The new expressions might not play especially well with other expressions also dialed in, since they are now morphs and don't adjust bones, but they should be fine if used by themselves.  If you're not already familiar with the morph loader, ERC freeze process, you may want to read up on it, there's plenty of threads about it.  Hopefully this helps.

Post edited by Spacious on
  • poorman_65poorman_65 Posts: 140

Thanks for the info! I may try that once I get finished with my library reorg that I an doing. I was hoping that there would be a utility that would do that. 

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

There probably is some utility that does it, or there soon will be.  That's just the time consuming manual way.