Animate 2 to not working in daz studio 4.7?!!

AntionestrifeAntionestrife Posts: 6

No sure if this is the right place for this but I recently installed daz studio 4.7. I had 4.6 and animate 2 worked fine in there. Now after I put in serial number for animate 2 that they asked for after installing 4.7. It now says register but won't work at all. Whats up with that. The plug in is activated(green) and I restarted daz and my computer numerous times. What gives. I am good at figuring these things out on my own most times but I don't want to waist all day on this. Is there a update I am missing that is coming out or something. To repeat my Animate 2 worked fine in Daz studio 4.6 I should of waited to upgrade I guess. I wanted to test the new render engine or 4.7 and I am impressed it is fast. All my other plugins appear to work. I would try the serial again but it won't let me, its already registered. One more thing are we supposed to register Daz studio 4.7? I received no serial for that just the download. Damn I should of waited now I can't do my stuff. Please help if you can. I have Windows 8.1 64 bit. Thanks in advance! :roll:

Post edited by Antionestrife on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,011
    edited December 1969

If you put the DS serial number in for AniMate 2 then that is the problem - AniMate 2 is not part of DAZ Studio (it works in Lite mode after the first 30 days, which is why the actual plug-in is included, but requires its own serial for ful functionality). If that si what you have done I think you need to open a support ticket.

• AntionestrifeAntionestrife Posts: 6
    edited December 2014

Opps I forgot to say in well defined terms that I used the serial for animate 2 and it worked in making it registered. It just doesn't work in animating the figure or even dragging aniblocks in the player. . I wondered if I needed the serial for Daz 4.7 that was not received. I guess a ticket is the way to go.

edited December 1969

DS4.7 uses the same serial as all other DS4.x versions, and shouldn't need reserialising if 4.6 or earlier were working correctly on your system and you haven't reinstalled Windows. Are you able to open the AniMate pane, from Window>Panes(Tabs)>Animate?

edited December 2014

Yes I can see and activate the tab to open the box. I can scroll through the aniblocks but I can't drag them to the part that can activate the figure. Also when I place my cursor above the aniblock the figure will not animate(move). Now to be honest I had to restore windows because of screen loading error created from Norton 360. At least that's what I read it could be from and that was the last thing downloaded. Against my will might I add it was bundled with a YouTube down loader update. So I had to install all my programs all over again what a pain. I hope this isn't the source of the problem. I am good but I don't know where to begin to address that problem. Or do I dare say I have to refresh windows again to maybe make this problem go away for good. My worry is that the CMS or Daz studio manager will just carry this problem over some how.:red:

edited December 1969

I find it surprising that Norton 360, a commercail application, would be bundled with a Youtube down loader. I'd do a very thorough malware scan before anything else given that and odd application behaviour.

edited December 1969

I agree I'll do that asap. From what I read some line of code in the registry will give this endless stream of thumbnail extraction unseen pop ups that you can see whenyu open Task Manager. Deleting them did not work because they keep happening. It won't let your windows personal screen load properly and it will do a repeating loop with the loading circle visible and screen blinking. I will admit I thought it was a virus too but from what I read from a windows forum, they said it can be cause by a newly downloaded Norton 360. This is off subject but if you guys get that error do your own research as well. I found no way around it but to do a system restore. Bare in mind I have knocked off quite a few virus or malware attacks with the experience I had gained. Unfortunately this one did not give me a chance to do much else except the last resort.:smirk:

edited December 1969

I fixed it! Thank you Richard Hasltine! I ran the Norton that was refreshed when I did system restore and it found a odd adware program Yontoon C? After I cleared that off as well as tracking cookies. The animate 2 worked fine. Wow! Thanks again! I still not sure how that affected the Daz studio animate plugin though. Others should try this step if you have plugin problems.:-) I am all smile now!

• JoelLovellJoelLovell Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

I have this same issue, but it's not only happening on my two Mac's, but on my Windows 8.1 PC as well. I don't think anti-virus has anything to do with this, at least for my problem.

edited December 1969

It's showing as activated but won't give you a pane?

• JoelLovellJoelLovell Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

It's showing as activated but won't give you a pane?

I see the animate 2 timeline, and in plugins I have the green plug icon, but when I try and select an a block it ignores it. You can't add it to the timeline.

I can go to regular timeline and key frame animate poses, etc, but animate 2 does not work. It is working on my other Mac now, not sure why.

edited December 1969

Could you go through what you are doing, and how DS rsponds, from loading the figure to its not animating? I don't have the full AniMate 2 so I can't really check this out properly.

• edited March 2015

HI guys,

I was confused too when I upgraded to Daz 4.7 and Animate was not working. The solution (for me at least) was to simply add an animation track (that's the plus sign in the aniMate2 pane) and then animate works like normal. In old versions of Daz the animation track was just automatically there, in the newer version you have to add it.

Hope that helps someone!

: )

- Rex

Post edited by rexraptor08_0474f38a32 on
  • edited December 1969

thanks rex that helped me

• edited December 1969

Awesome! This is the first time I ever posted a solution to somebody else's problem! Glad to be of service! : )

• KeironKeiron Posts: 413
    edited December 1969

Hi
    I can't see any Animate or Animate 2 blocks
    When I select the down arrow the windows opens but there is nothing there I do however have the Object blocks but thats all?

• edited December 1969

Awesome! This is the first time I ever posted a solution to somebody else's problem! Glad to be of service! : )

That helped me too!! I was stuck for ages after upgrading from Daz 4.6

• speedgeorgejjspeedgeorgejj Posts: 5
    edited April 2015

I didn't see animate 2 in the panel in daz studio 4.7 same in the old version. I use windows 8. What's wrong? Please could you help me?

Post edited by speedgeorgejj on
    edited December 1969

What is its status in Help>About Installed plug-ins?

edited December 1969

It says status disable.
    ????

edited December 1969

That can happen if you enter the DS serial number in the box, though that doesn't seem to be the only way to get it. I think you need to open a Technical Support ticket - click Contact Us at the foot of this page.

edited December 1969

Thank you for replying to me! As you know I opened a Technical Support ticket yesterday! I think that I have to purchase it! There is no other choice.

edited December 1969

AniMate 2 should work in Lite mode without a purchase.

edited December 1969

Hi Richard! I never ever tried the animate2 before and I want to know how to use it instead of using puppeteer. I try to figure out what is all about. I downloaded Daz3D Studio 4.6 for the first time long time ago for free but it didn't come with animate2 trial or demo (???) It's so weird. By the way I have Window 8. Now I updated it with 4.7 and it keep the same stage. I do not know what to do. The technical support said that I have to purchase it. As you know I don't want to spend much money on it. Do you have any idea to solve this problem? I don't think that I am the only one with this problem. Thank you

edited December 1969

Do you have Windows>Panes(Tabs)>Animate Lite? If not reopen your support ticket explaining that AniMate Lite is not working for you.

edited December 1969

It didn't show animate lite in my panel either ? Do I have to tell them that I do not have animate lite?

edited December 1969

Yes, all users should have AniMate Lite without buying anything additional so that is definitely an issue for which you need support.

• scshaw2scshaw2 Posts: 1
    edited June 2015

I had a similar issue when installing 4.8 for the first time to a MacBook Pro. No AniBlocks showed up in the panel even though I had also purchased Animate2, activated it and added a character to the Animate2 timeline. Seems 4.8 does not install the AniBocks folder and its contents to the My DAZ 3D Library folder. Fortunately I had 4.6 installed on an iMac that did function properly and had the AniBlocks folder installed and working. I simply copied the entire AniBlocks folder to my DropBox and copied it to the My DAZ 3D Library folder.

Might be an installation bug in 4.8. The same install problem happened when installing 4.8 for the first time on a Windows PC. No AniBlock folder.

The same folder from a Mac will work on a PC...tested it! The files are cross-platform compatible.

Post edited by scshaw2 on
  • CitizenMCitizenM Posts: 39

Thanks, Rex Raptor 13! (for the add a timeline advice!)

• KeironKeiron Posts: 413
    edited August 2015

Hi I did report the Animate 2 problem to Daz and Go figure

However for me, the answer to the problem is as follows

1 The missing Animate pane - panel was behind the main Daz Studio window so I couldn't see it. Reinstalling Daz didn't cure the problem

The problem was solved by changing the Daz Sudio Workspace to a different one and then returning it back to the one I was using.

I also had other issues where Daz Studio was running really slow, the above also fixed that problem so it looks like some data - settings are getting corrupted

2 The animate blocks were missing from the pane - panel

I have all my content in the Default My Content Directory

I also occasionally find the Icons go missing in the Content Directory

I noticed the Animate directory wasn't always found when I searched the drive for the content

I didn't have any special set up for the content, so I did the following

a. In the Content Database Manager I reset the database, in the Content Directory Maintenance, I cleared all the content locations found 

b. Searched the C drive for content as that is where the default folder is.

c. Reimported the META data and processed it

Sometimes this doen't always correct the problem

Checking the Smart Content and Content Library, I checked to see if Animate 2 was in there

If not right clicking "Poser Content", I added the runtime folder for any missing content

I also deleted and reinstalled all the Content, Scripts, Daz Studio, Keymate etc   using the Daz install Manager but that didn't correct the problem

Hope that helps

Post edited by Keiron on
  • You have to put in the 30 digit serial number then restart DAZ Studio everytime you upgrade to the next version.