Poser Runtime

AndroolAndrool Posts: 85
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is it possible to access my poser runtime from D|S 4.7 and use my poser stuff in daz?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, add the path to the folder CONTAINING the Runtime folder in Window > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager under "Poser Formats". The content will then appear in the Content Library pane under "Poser Formats".

• AndroolAndrool Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Thx I succeded to add my runtime with your help.

The result where disapointing especialy on recent char who are broken or loose theyr morphs and inj didnt work on the older so I guess its more no than yes. Aint I didn't done it right.

edited December 1969

DS doesn't read Poser weight-mapping (or Poser 8 capsule rigging). For Poser binary morphs (.pmd), if you load the morphs in Poser and resave with Binary Morphs off they will work in DS.

edited December 1969

I m not sure I anderstand what you are saying but Its good to know there is a way to import the morph.
    I actualy have trouble with daz char (G2) that I morphed in poser usigne the daz face/bodymorph too so I guess thats because the save of the dialed morphs are saved in this format too.

I'll have to make a full body morph out of them saved as an obj morph target thats what you mean by basic morph?

edited December 1969

Androol said:
    I m not sure I anderstand what you are saying but Its good to know there is a way to import the morph.
    I actualy have trouble with daz char (G2) that I morphed in poser usigne the daz face/bodymorph too so I guess thats because the save of the dialed morphs are saved in this format too.

I'll have to make a full body morph out of them saved as an obj morph target thats what you mean by basic morph?

Yes, you can export as object and load that as a morph in DS.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Just to be clear DAZ figures are called G2F and G2M for short, Poser has figures with just G2 in their names. Are you sure you are using the right figures?

edited December 1969

thx for the tips.

If you're afraid I'm mistaken g2f and g2m with jessi g2 sidney g2 simon g2 etc, I m not.

The things is I made some character in poser using g2f body/head morph and want to be able to use them if I try to learn how to use daz studio. I used DS a little long ago just after genesis 1 was out but I didn't was an expert then and a lot of things have changed since so I m a little lost. If I can just do a full body morph it will probably solve this part of the migration but I am not sure It will be enought. I Didn't had time to try it anyway.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

In Poser load your character, once loaded save it to the Pose library, this should create a .PZ2 that has the dial settings in it, now in DS load the TriAx figure (genesis 1 or 2) and apply that PZ2 to it, with luck DS will recognize the channel names in the PZ2 and spin the dials for you.

edited December 2014

I think its prety much a lost battle to import the full char as when I tryed to resave a zeroed figure to get a pz3 without atached pmd and imported it into daz my morph were lost and the only change from a base g2f was the skin, who looked like glossy plastic material ( guess the nodes are lost in translation)

For the morph part I guess thats a bad omen but since it cost nothing to ask: why do you mean by "and apply that PZ2 to it" as I have no idea how to aply a pzx ( my vestion generat pz3 aparently) to an already launched figure in DS.

Well there is always the obj method I guess but no idea to how to creat a new morph DS side so I keep it for the end.

Post edited by Androol on