Zbrush Morph Resolution

SpoonsSpoons Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I figured out that in order to send Zbrush morphs back to Genesis 2 the figure must be sent to Zbrush at base resolution. If this is the case how do I create morphs at a higher subdivision level or in HD? I tried creating a higher subdivision in zbrush and editing that but when I sent the morph back to Genesis 2 in Daz it simply sent back a morph based on the base resolution level, taking out all the fine details I wanted.

Thanks for any time and help!

Comments

• SBerrySBerry Posts: 25
    edited January 2015

s

Post edited by SBerry on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The HD morph plugin is only available to DAZ PA's at present.

• SpoonsSpoons Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

SBerry said:

send it back to DS at 5k active points is par. [ talking clothing and bits....]
    if I send it back to DS at more it still goes into DS but I've had some show as basic/high rez
    I sent some back as whoppers too [on accident :) ]

a morph is prob the same way, just send back increasing in size till you get the desired result

Not sure what you mean by "whoppers"? So your solution is to increase morph strength, not detail?

edited December 1969

The HD morph plugin is only available to DAZ PA's at present.

I'm not too worried about HD morphs, I'm just talking about the x1 subdivision level that Genesis2 displays at default in DS. The base resolution resolution really doesn't have much for me to work with as far as details go.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

You can use the base resolution to make most morphs. For detail work, it will depend on what you are trying to accomplish. You can up the subd if you plan to bake normals or displacment.

edited January 2015

w

Post edited by SBerry on
    edited January 2015

Post edited by SBerry on
    edited January 2015

S

Post edited by SBerry on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
    edited December 2014

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

You can use the base resolution to make most morphs. For detail work, it will depend on what you are trying to accomplish. You can up the subd if you plan to bake normals or displacment.

But I'm not talking about making normals or displacement, I'm talking about morphs. I can easily create detailed morphs at the 1 subD level in Zbrush, but I can't get them back to Daz because GoZ only sends a morph of the BASE resolution. The base resolution is way to low poly for what I'm doing. How do I get around that? I'm not asking for HD, just the x1 subD level,

edited December 1969

Show some images, please. What does the morph you are attempting look like at Base res and at subd1, please.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 2014

But I'm not talking about making normals or displacement, I'm talking about morphs. I can easily create detailed morphs at the 1 subD level in Zbrush, but I can't get them back to Daz because GoZ only sends a morph of the BASE resolution. The base resolution is way to low poly for what I'm doing. How do I get around that? I'm not asking for HD, just the x1 subD level,

You won't be able to save anything at the other than the 0 base level because that's what genesis actually is. Higher levels will need to be exported as a displacement or normal map. In DS, the 1 sub is used only to smooth out the base 0 resolution, not to add detail.

You could save what you did and in zbrush add the base genesis as a subtool and "Project All" your changes back to the base genesis. (You could actually sculpt at a higher resolution using this method) You can then import this as a morph, it should transfer your details (though not at the resolution you want). The details you did at the 1 resolution would still need to be the displacement or a normal map.

Note on the project all, I would mask out the inner parts of genesis, like the teeth and eyes and I would save morphing eyes and eyelids for the lower poly version so they don't get messed up when you project.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

You won't be able to save anything at the other than the 0 base level because that's what genesis actually is. Higher levels will need to be exported as a displacement or normal map. In DS, the 1 sub is used only to smooth out the base 0 resolution, not to add detail.

You could save what you did and in zbrush add the base genesis as a subtool and "Project All" your changes back to the base genesis. (You could actually sculpt at a higher resolution using this method) You can then import this as a morph, it should transfer your details (though not at the resolution you want). The details you did at the 1 resolution would still need to be the displacement or a normal map.

Note on the project all, I would mask out the inner parts of genesis, like the teeth and eyes and I would save morphing eyes and eyelids for the lower poly version so they don't get messed up when you project.

Yep, that is why I am asking for images to see what is actually trying to be achieved.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip this is very useful info...