ANY way to refresh the Catalog list to show deleted products?

2»

Comments

• Which setting allows me to place the ZIP files somewhere else? If there isn't a setting like that, then what is the directory where DIM puts those files? I'm seriously thinking about doing this, though I literally hate the re-install process. Correct me if I'm wrong; the zip files can be removed from the folder they're placed into and moved elsewhere. Then moved back as needed? And, I could copy those ZIP files to my laptop installation for that same need? 

I discovered that installing through DIM is inconsistent. Sometimes it installs in the "Cloud" folder and sometimes not. Why is that? What do I look for to ensure it's not going into the cloud? I've installed new products over this last week with both DIM and DAZ open and sometimes it goes straight into DAZ without skipping a beat. Other times I must "Install" in DAZ as well. ???

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

DIM never installs into the cloud folder if you didn't tell it to,

• The zips go in the Package Archive (which must be different from the manifests directory).

The cloud folder is Daz Connect - if products are appearing there then the system showed them as not installed and was allowed to go online and download them when the product icon was double-clicked

• john_97a982cejohn_97a982ce Posts: 305
    edited July 2021

I understand about the "Cloud" folder, jestmart. I simply did not know how to say what Richard said in the message following you. Thanks though. I am going to reinstall my content and start over on this. I will uncheck "Delete package..." and then tell my Microsoft Cloud to back up the "Downloads" and the "Thumbnail" folders as I go along. I will map it so that those two folders are on the same drive for my Laptop installation (in case I need them there in the future). At this point, the only confusion I'm suffering from pertains to what you said, Richard. How can DIM be so stupid to tell DAZ Studios that the files are installed for some products and not others? I uploaded snapshots (in my previous posts) showing how DIM and DAZ are configured and used your program that show that they are indeed mapped in sync. So, what is happening? I did save one product package to try and re-install from there to see if I can force DIM to communicate to DAZ and show that it is installed, but it didn't work. I still had to select "Install" in DAZ Connect to install it. If I can't figure out why this is happening then I guess I'm stuck with those folders in the "Cloud" install folder. Please advise.

Post edited by john_97a982ce on

Don't let MicroSoft try to help you by backing-up.  Computers are not smart so never,ever let them take control.  Starting over is probably the best option to fix your install problems but only in you stop Studio from going online and close the not Smart Content pane.  The Categories and Products under the Content Library pane are also database driven so don't use them either.

• Most often, if some products are installed and others aren't, it's because Install Manager was starting as Daz Studio was closing and as a result of unlucky timing PostgreSQL was not running at the time Instal manager installed the products, so they were not added to the database. It isn't necessary to close the one application before starting the other; if you do so, please make sure that they (and PostgreSQL) have fully closed before starting the aother application.

A more general problem is more likely to be down to security software blocking communications (the applications and PostgreSQL talk to each other using Internet protocol, though only on the local machine) or permissions on the ContentCluster folder

• Based on the screenshots I uploaded previously, I believe to do this reinstall of content correctly I have to uninstall everything using DIM, then delete everything in the cloud folder and the support folder. Right?

• Uninstall the items installed through Connect (right-click on them>Uninstall), then you can select the entries in the Install tab of DIM (using the check box next to the name), right-click, and reisntall if you kept the zips - if not then yes, uninstall, redownload, and reinstall.

edited July 2021

Your last couple of responses begs the question: What is the proper way to open and close DIM and DAZ while still installing? Is it, open DAZ first, then DIM? To close, is it close DAZ first and then DIM?

• By the way, I'm only going to use "One Drive" to backup the Zip files after I've downloaded them. I don't intend to keep the Zip files on my hard drive. I'll download from "One Drive" when I need them.

• john_97a982ce said:

Your last couple of responses begs the question: What is the proper way to open and close DIM and DAZ while still installing? Is it, open DAZ first, then DIM? To close, is it close DAZ first and then DIM?

The issue only crops up if one application is closed and the other opened in quick succession, if you open them together or open one when the other is already open there should be no issue.

• But which app should be opened first? I'm guessing DAZ first and then close DAZ before DIM?

DIM and Studio can be running at the same time and the order in which you start them makes no difference.  Both use CMS so you don't want try to start one to quickly after closing the other as this may send mix signals to CMS.  Closing Studio (DAZ is the name of the company) then opening DIM to quickly is one of the conditions that can send mix signals to CMS.

• Having done what I was supposed to do to install exclusively through DIM I now have the results. It doesn't work. Both DIM and Studio point to the same directories, there was nothing left from the previous installs, and I did save the ZIP files. After re-installing with both programs opened I discovered that I still had quite a few products in Studio that needed to be installed using "Content Manager." First, I tried the "Re-install" through DIM. That changed nothing. I still had to "Install" through "Content." I'm doing this alphabetically. So far, I'm in "A." Do you have any more suggestions to force Studio to accept ALL of the DIM installs?

Close the Smart Content pane, it is easier to troubleshoot install problems from the Content Library pane (but not Products or Categories) as it does not rely on CMS.

• I've been working only in the Content Library pane. Once I see which items are showing a white box in the upper right corner I go back to the always open DIM and run re-install on the item I'm focused on. Then I refresh Content Library, but they never change to show that what I just did actually installed it. So I run Install from Content Library. I don't know if that actually installed it on my hard drive, but I'm sure I could check. Thing is, whether it does or not I have to let it install somewhere. Any further advice? I know that I've been known for having a smart mouth and for being irritable, but that is mostly due to my outrageous hatred of the abominable "Lost & Found." I do appreciate your input.

• What are you taking as showing the product is installed through DIM? Are the files actually available in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats?

edited July 2021

They show up in Content Library but can't be "merged" that way. For speed, instead of going to each one and re-installing, I'm selecting all within that alphabet group, uninstalling, and then running the install again in DIM. They don't go all the way back to the beginning, since I downloaded the zip files. They are in the "Ready to Install" tab. Then I refresh Content Library and select Install on those that are not showing installed. I can't use them before I do that.

• Hopefully, the last issues we discussed here will be fixed in the next Studios release.

The only thing that seems to be broken at the moment is Connect and updates of metadata through Connect, at least on the library front and that is not a problem with DAZ Studio itself.

• Yes, that seems to be the issue. So, when both DIM and Studio is open together then installs through DIM should update in Studio as installed. Right?

• john_97a982ce said:

Yes, that seems to be the issue. So, when both DIM and Studio is open together then installs through DIM should update in Studio as installed. Right?

Yes, at worst you might need to right-click on a container and select Refresh

• OK. I will try that as well.