Can I render wireframe view?

Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99

I want to take a picture of the wireframe guts of my model with a transparent background. Is there a way to render in wireframe only?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, if the viewport is set to wireframe and you render using Basic OpenGL, it will render that view.

• Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

So "3Delight" is what my Render Engine defaults to, the other options available are "Preview Render", "Hardware Assisted Render" and "Scripted 3Delight". "Hardware Assisted Render" has "Use OpenGL Shader" as an option, if I try that, it renders normally (not wireframe) and that's the only place I can find "OpenGL" in any of my available render settings.

edited December 1969

What's the exact version number, bit depth and OS?

edited January 2015

I'm using DS 4.6, my OS is Windows 7 Home 32 (I can switch to my desktop which has Win 8 64 if that's the problem) and I'm not sure where to view or alter bit depth, is it in render settings?

Post edited by Sand3 on
    edited December 1969

Sand3 said:
    I'm using DS 4.6, my OS is Windows 7 Home 32 (I can switch to my desktop which has Win 8 64 if that's the problem) and I'm not sure where to view or alter bit depth, is it in render settings?

If it's a 32-bit OS then it's 32-bit DS. What's the exact version number (Help > About DAZ Studio)? The ability to render wireframe was added in 4.6.3.12.

edited December 1969

Okay, that's what I needed to know. Looks like I'm a version behind on this computer, I'll update now.

edited December 1969

So now it's rendering with the wireframes, but the background isn't transparent. I have it set for .png and it's rendering with the default background color and I'm not seeing any other setting around here for making the background transparent. Is a transparent background not possible in Basic OpenGL?