Dforce Question (Using Timeline)

Hi Everyone,

I've been having some difficulty tonight with a Dforce simulation I ran via the timeline. I was using dForce Magnet (product) to help make me a curtain for this room (Monique is kindly showing you the result in the attached photo). I'm really happy with the curtain (it's a just a plane with a whole heap of dimensions). The problem is that I was hoping to render some animations (using the timeline) in this room and I can't due to the curtain being in the perfect shape on frame eight. I don't want to run the timeline any further on the curtain and I'd like to save the curtain somehow just as is, then reset the timeline back to 0 and have the curtain unaffected by any further movement of the timeline. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. Every time I move the timeline or set the total frames back to 0 the curtain goes back into the shape of a plane (moving it backwards) or explodes into Dforce hell (moving it forwards).

As such, I guess I'm wondering if there is a way to save this curtain simulation just as is, so I can use it in other scenes and set this scene back to 0 so I can go about some animations without the curtain being affected at all.

Hope this made sense.

Apologies if this is a noob question - still very much learning.

Cheers,
Maxo

Need Help.jpg
2214 x 1316 - 599K

Comments

• If you want just the final shape select the OBJ and export as OBJ, with the option to export only selected checked, then import that back in as a finished item and apply materials (make sure you use the same preset in the export adn import options dialogues).

• Thank you so much Richard! Just figured it out. Really appreciate it mate.

Cheers