The We Will Miss You, Chohole Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,766

I looked at the thumbnail of this new product before I read the product's name.  It looked like a mad scientist set, but no it is a script.

7B5B2540-AEF7-41DE-90A8-50795C4987C5.jpeg
    1000 x 1300 - 308K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,276

Anyone want some salad? Because I'm making an unreasonable amount of it. 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,953
    edited January 2022

Gordig said:

Anyone want some salad? Because I'm making an unreasonable amount of it. 

What kind of salad ?

Post edited by carrie58 on

Red and green leaf lettuce, carrot, cucumber, radish, scallion, cilantro, mushrooms, bacon and hard-boiled egg. 

Gordig said:

Red and green leaf lettuce, carrot, cucumber, radish, scallion, cilantro, mushrooms, bacon and hard-boiled egg. 

Sounds delicious ,I've got a couple of fresh tomatos to slice up and throw in and some shredded cheddar ........

Oh right, I forgot about the grape tomatoes, and I did sprinkle some grated cheese on top. 

Wow now I'm gonna have to hit the grocery store tomorrow ....

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627

• McGyver's good at word salad.yes

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,460
    edited January 2022

Gordig said:

Sounds fabulous but may need to add in a bit of Kale and spinach to top it off.

Post edited by frank0314 on

frank0314 said:

Gordig said:

Sounds fabulous but may need to add in a bit of Kale and spinach to top it off.

I wanted to make a good salad, though.

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver's good at word salad.yes

No, McGyver's posts are semantically coherent, even if the ideas he's expressing are nonsense.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,414

PerttiA said:

'One-day-shipping' turned out to be two weeks, when I returned a non-functioning device I was testing to the manufacturer in Canada.

When they started asking where it was, I checked the tracking and they had put it on a truck headed to Netherlands to be put on a plane there and it takes a week for the slaves to row the boat across the Baltic sea... I could have delivered it faster in person cheeky

Small wonder, especially since it's really the North Sea in the case of the Netherlands devilwink  

• Gordig said:

LeatherGryphon said:

McGyver's good at word salad.yes

No, McGyver's posts are semantically coherent, even if the ideas he's expressing are nonsense.

Well then, how about, "Meme Salad"? 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,032

The Salad Days Complaint Thread.

I want to go back to sleep and have a "normal" dream!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,228
    edited January 2022

Complaint:  Is it just me or is it almost impossible to find "Carnation Evaporated Milk" in the 5.5 ounce metal can?  Lots of 12 ounce cans and other packaging, but the little, convenient, just the right size for a casserole ingredient, cans seem to be overlooked in production.  Too little profit considering shipping and shortage of metal cans?  

For a couple years I had been ordering a flat of 12 cans via Amazon for $11.00, but now the availability is spotty, so you have to keep looking and get it when you can.  And the price from some vendors there has soared to about $2/can.  Five times more than the $0.40/can when you can find it on the shelf in stores.surpriseangry

Good god, people are scalping milk.crying

I was able to find one Amazon vendor who sold me a 12 can flat for $19.00 ($1.58/can) and "free" Prime shipping.  Not cheap but that much will last me perhaps a half a year.  I use it only for thickening in casseroles.  I know it would be cheaper and easier to buy it in full sized 12 ounce cans or some of the plastic packaging but it's not covenient or conservative for me.  When I have to use a 12oz can, I use half the can in the casserole and the rest just sits in the can until I throw it out.  I could use it in coffee or tea but I don't like crap in my black coffee or tea.  I like the taste of coffee and tea not being hidden by milk and sugar.  I got tired of throwing out half a can of condensed milk.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I was going to lookup a site but I forgot its name and why I'm looking it up.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103

@TJohn: you look different.  You trimmed your beard?  wink

Dana

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,374

Are you New Englanders ready for snow? They are talking abou up to 2 feet in Boston. In coastal North Carlina we are only supposed to get a couple of inches but even that could cause a lot of problems here because people aren't used to it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103

Charlie Judge said:

Are you New Englanders ready for snow? They are talking abou up to 2 feet in Boston. In coastal North Carlina we are only supposed to get a couple of inches but even that could cause a lot of problems here because people aren't used to it.

Yeah, Wednesday night, the forecast was for 12" to 18".  Last night, it went up...18" to 24", or more.  A lot of people up here say, "It's New England...we're used to it."  But I find I'm less "used to it" every year.  Haven't had one this big in many years.

Dana 

Snow might arrive tonight or tomorrow.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584
    edited January 2022

The papers here were also shouting "1.5 feet of snow to the southern Finland over the weekend"... Once again their "Southern Finland" covers only the capitol area, we'll probably have just a few inches followed by rain as the temperatures should get above freezing again tomorrow afternoon.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Here in western NY State we got about 2 foot total when some minor waves of the storm passed over us.  And here, this is what we expect every year, but it used to be before Christmas.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584

The papers were also saying that it's raining iguanas in Florida... laugh

• PerttiA said:

Well, that's slightly better than "it's raining guano in Florida..."indecision 

LeatherGryphon said:

PerttiA said:

Well, that's slightly better than "it's raining guano in Florida..."indecision 

What?  The forums don't have the emoji I need.  Instead I did an image search and chose a random image to show how I feel about guano.

1DC0EEDD-A684-4977-B73C-AAD15C67A404.jpeg
    474 x 532 - 36K
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,446

Gordig said:

bacon

The salad sounded nice. But that one ingredient sounded better cheeky

My laptop is starting to click. It's not continual. It happens every so often (a couple of hours apart) I guess the HDD is on its last legs crying I'm going to miss it. I don't like its replacement very much (Dell Latitude with an SSD). But it will run Daz, and render in Iray. So, swings and roundabouts, I guess. Although, it doesn't take long to overheat. I hope those feet/risers work.

edited January 2022

...was -20°F in Steven's Point WI yesterday morning. Here it got down to 28°the other morning and it's around freezing much of hte week which highs struggling to make the mid 40s. Going to hate this month's electric bill.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...yeah, really feel I've fallen far behind the curve here when I skim, through about 2/3 of a flash sale promotion and am still seeing G8/8.1 stuff.

This discussion has been closed.