some features in the top window under Content Library missing

BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237

Normally I have under the Content Library tab in the top window the following; Daz Studio formats, Poser formats, Other Import formats, and Purchased products (or something similar to that). Today, out of the blue, I no longer have the Purchased Products tab. Also I can no longer search my content for anything. Whenever I type what I'm looking for in the search bar and either hit the enter button, or the spyglass button next to the search bar, nothing happens. Any suggestions on what is the matter?

Screenshot_(7).png
1366 x 768 - 270K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It looks like your CM isn't working or isn't connecting to DS. Did you close DAZ Install Manager around the time you were starting DS, or change your security software?

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 237
    edited December 1969

I never use DIM. I download anything from Daz ( or anywhere else for that matter) manually, unzip it with WinZip and copy the contents into Daz, That way I know that its going where it's supposed to. I had a problem once where something was installed incorrectly with DIM and had to reinstal it manually, I just started doing it that way ever since. As for changing my security software, I didn't touch that at all.

edited December 1969

Click the options on the Content Library pane (the rectangle wit horizontal lines in the upper left corner) and click "Start CMS". If you open Task Manager and look under Processes you should see about a half-dozen instances of "postgres.exe".

edited January 2015

I tried. The options Start CMS and Stop CMS are grayed out.

Screenshot_(8).png
    1366 x 768 - 120K
    Post edited by Boorsman on
    edited December 1969

Do you know if you installed PostgreSQL CMS?

edited December 1969

No I didn't install PostgreSQL CMS. I didn't even know it existed till now:)

edited December 1969

What version of Windows?

edited December 1969

I have Windows 8.1.

edited December 1969

Have you created your own categories, tags, or metadata?

edited December 1969

No, I just copy and past items into their designated folders.

edited December 1969

cecil30 said:
    No, I just copy and past items into their designated folders.

You mean on your hard disk, or in categories? I'm just trying to sort out whether we should try to fix your Valentina CMS in order to save your customizations, or just install PostgreSQL CMS and start fresh.

edited December 1969

I copy and paste items into their designated folders in the content folder in DS. I download files and save them as zip files in a folder called Downloads on my desktop. I know it sounds crazy or perhaps making more work for me, but I usually rename the zip files to something I can understand. For instance I downloaded a product from Daz called 8471_1_dpc_MaxforM4_1 and simply renamed it Max for M4 because it made more sense to me that way.

edited December 1969

Okay, in that case you don't need to worry about saving anything from the Valentina CMS. Install PostgreSQL CMS, then launch DAZ Studio. From the options menu in the Content Library pane choose Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata and everything should be back to normal.

edited December 1969

Thank you, Fixmypcmike. After installing PostgreSQL CMS, it now works perfectly.