V4 Cheyenne Earrings-- I would like to load/show one only?

eponicaeponica Posts: 197

Hello again ^_^

I am not sure if this is the right place for this particular question, so feel free to tell me if it isn't ^^;

I am setting up a Genesis figure in Carrara, and have used Autofit to successfully add the V4 Cheyenne Earrings.

I would like only one of these earrings on the character, but unfortunately it looks like they load as a pair. My next thought was to just use the shading to turn one earring transparent, however, looking at the shaders they appear to also have a single set of shaders for the pair.

Does anyone here have a brilliant solution to this? I would like to eventually animate this character, so I don't want to set it up so I have to paint one earring out of each frame!

EDIT: Silly me :lol: Sometimes just framing the problem verbally helps a person think of the solution! In the shader settings, I located the texture and transparency maps for the earrings. Fortunately these were originally painted as a pair. I then opened these two maps in Paint.net and simply painted black over the earring I wanted to be transparent, then saved the maps with new names (very important, if you don't want to obliterate the original maps!) I then went back into the shader section of Carrara and simply loaded the new texture maps. Voila! One earring transparent :cheese:

Post edited by eponica on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited December 1969

You could also use the Geometry Edit tool to select the whole of one earring and either assign a new Surface to it or hide it and then delete hidden polygons (then repeat on a new set of the earrings, deleting the other one, and save both out as a new, single-ear, earrings).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871
    edited December 1969

If you are using carrara the easiest thing is jump into the vertex room, lasso one and under global add a shading domain to selected, in shader room make the opacity, highlight and shininess 0

• eponicaeponica Posts: 197
    edited December 1969

Brilliant! Thank you, both of you! I can always count on you good folks for the best suggestions :)