Change the Material of A Genesis 2 Character Back to A Simple Grey Material

Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 851

Is it possible in DAZ Studio to change the skin material of a character back to a kind of standard material e.g. a simple grey without any mapping information and skin textures? The reason for this is, I want to export mere the shape of the figure without any textures into Hexagon. Thanks in advance for any hint.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You don't say which figure, but this should work on any of them

Load the figure, make sure that it is selected in the Scene pane.

Go to the Surfaces pane, do a Ctrl+A to select all.

Find Diffuse Color in the Surfaces pane, then using the dropdown at the left of the Diffuse Color tab (little down arrow), select 'None'

It is simple to do, and takes longer to explain it ;)

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited January 2015

If you have Genesis installed type neutral grey into the content library search. Apply it to the figure surfaces.

Or the easiest way is to just to select not to include any maps in the export options when you're exporting. You should also turn of the Sub D to get the base mesh out rather than the sub D version. Unless you want a more detailed mesh,

Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 851
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick answers. I am sorry, I forget to mention I am using Genesis 2.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

You can find various solutions to this issue in this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/46859/

Here are two possibilities (quoted from the same thread):

Fisty said:
    Load Gen1 and Gen2, select on of Gen1's matzones, right click it in the surface tab and chose copy. Select all of Gen2's material zones, make sure Gen2 is also selected in the scene tab. Double click the Dz Default shader JimmyC mentioned, then right click and paste the grey shader to Gen2.

>or<</p>

Select one of Gen1's surfaces, go to file -> save as -> shader preset, put it somewhere in your library.. shader presets/gen1? would be a good place. Then select all of Gen2's matzones and apply your new shader.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 851
    edited December 1969

Thanks Scott-Livingston for the link