Mesh distortion when using Decimator

Ankoku-jinAnkoku-jin Posts: 15

I was finally able to get my hands on Decimator, but I seem to be having some issues with it severely distorting the meshes.

In this scene, I've hidden the Genesis 2 Male figure and I'm only looking to decimate the clothing (Amos outfit and Genesis CSA gloves). However, the more decimation I apply, the more the mesh becomes distorted. I tried again on another model (Genesis 2 Female), and while I was able to decimate her body mesh just fine, her clothes suffered similar distortion issues. Has anyone else seen this?

decimator_distortion_2.PNG
705 x 789 - 85K
decimator_distortion_1.PNG
724 x 806 - 89K

Comments

• Ankoku-jinAnkoku-jin Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

So I tried again with Genesis, applied a shape (Rapture/V4) and some clothing (Real Feel Cozy Turtleneck, Genesis Casual Jeans, and 50s Everyday Casual shoes). I again hid the Genesis figure itself, and attempted to decimate the clothing.

As the first pic shows, the jeans and the shoes decimated just fine, but the arms of the turtleneck distorted like mad. I tried again with the same outfit, but with the model's pose zeroed out. The top decimated a little better, but as the second pic shows, there is now a strange distortion in the chest area - her breasts did not look anything like that before!

It seems that decimating in any post other than T-pose is asking for trouble in the arm areas - that's fine, I can get around that. But the chest distortion is still concerning. I would wonder if there is some upper limit, but the Genesis and Genesis 2 bodies seem to decimate fine without clothing; so far I have only seen distortion appear on clothing. Puzzling, and a major roadblock for me at the moment.

decimator_distortion_4.PNG
    685 x 795 - 94K
    decimator_distortion_3.PNG
    721 x 809 - 101K