Just loving these 2 light and camera bundles!

AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
edited February 2015 in The Commons

You know, I bought them some time ago, but my life being what it has been, I never got time to mess with them. I guess I assumed they had altered the existing cams and lights. But tonight, after remembering I had them, I tried setting up a volumetric light but I discovered I didn't have any of it in my runtime! The folders were there but somehow empty. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled and gave it a whirl. I had been messing with the undead and hallway I'd just bought and now I've stumbled onto an old purchase that feels like a new toy! These bundles are magnificent! Check out the test render after the "before" I had made earlier. I also decided to start messing with DOF. I can see me spending a lot of time learning more, the results are just amazing. Kudos to Age of Armor for http://www.daz3d.com/atmospheric-effects-cameras-for-daz-studio and http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-daz-studio-light-bundle.

Undead.jpg
1000 x 730 - 278K
zombie.jpg
1680 x 1688 - 1M
Post edited by Ademnus on

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Wow. Great job with those tools. I love them too but have never managed anything quite like you did! The difference between the two images is remarkable. Glad you found your new old toys!

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Nice work, dramatic difference!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627
    edited December 1969

...are you using Daz 4.6 or 4.7? Some of us have experienced issues with them not working correctly in the latest update.

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...are you using Daz 4.6 or 4.7? Some of us have experienced issues with them not working correctly in the latest update.

It works now after an uninstall reinstall through DIM.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited February 2015

only fog camera works for me
    no vignette no colour
    graphic arts camera also does nothing

Post edited by Ruphuss on
    edited December 1969

I do not think one picture is better than the other
    just different
    if you say better:
    tell me better for what ?
    a picture cannot be good or bad
    it just fits your aim or not

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,787
    edited December 1969

ruphuss said:
    just different
    if you say better:

Yes pictures can be better than others.
    The second picture does alot better to focus the attention of the viewer on the subject (the withered critter), whereas the first it seems to get lost in all the details. There is no point of focus, and as such the image is distracted and does not carry as strong of a presence.
    The fog also adds to the creepy atmosphere of the shot, adding alot to the mood.
    As such it is a much better image.

Great work on it!

edited December 1969

hi Raw
    just what I am saying
    fitting your aims
    like creepy atmosphere
    or targeting an object
    if you want that you are right
    but you do not know if that is wanted
    I personally like the first picture more
    what can you say against that ?
    only that I have a bad taste
    but the liking is all that counts
    that is sometimes hard to accept I know

• ShawnBoothShawnBooth Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

I'm curious about your lighting - What's motivating the purple and blue? You have torches only in the render. These should technically be the only light source and therefore, your purple and blue are distracting and unmotivated.

Perhaps a blue or purple light blasting through the window in the background would accomplish something more along the lines of what you're looking for?

• mjordy59mjordy59 Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

One suggestion for these awesome lights might be the interior of a church with glass stained windows! It might be awe inspiring.

edited December 1969

I'm curious about your lighting - What's motivating the purple and blue? You have torches only in the render. These should technically be the only light source and therefore, your purple and blue are distracting and unmotivated.

Perhaps a blue or purple light blasting through the window in the background would accomplish something more along the lines of what you're looking for?

What a good question. First, some background. Tasked with hosting a table top rpg across the internet, I aim to have materials on hand when my players inevitably ask "what's it look like?" etc. I'm making miniatures, maps, portraits, handouts, letters etc. Whatever I can do to make it a richer experience for my players. In this instance, I was dashing off the image at first, to be honest, because I have many to make and little time. But I was so unhappy with the first product that I decided to put in more time on it and started looking for the volume lights and that's how this whole thing unraveled.

Anyway, I suppose I wanted light variations on him for a bit of depth, and chose green and purple for "spookiness" factor. There really wasn't much thought put it in beyond that hehe.

edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    ruphuss said:
    just different
    if you say better:

Yes pictures can be better than others.
    The second picture does alot better to focus the attention of the viewer on the subject (the withered critter), whereas the first it seems to get lost in all the details. There is no point of focus, and as such the image is distracted and does not carry as strong of a presence.
    The fog also adds to the creepy atmosphere of the shot, adding alot to the mood.
    As such it is a much better image.

Great work on it!

Thanks, though I really must say, this was just a test render without hardly any work done at all. I think maybe that's my point; this bundle;e was so nice because with a couple of clicks, trying it for the very first time, that's the end result. I can't wait to delve into and learn all the settings and see what I can do with it. I'm also hoping to hear from others who own it to learn some tips?

BTW, speaking of great work, I'm just picking up some very nice dark elves as we speak... Now, if only some wondrous artist could make us those handsome and beautiful high elves and their golden armors and shining cities to pit them against... (said by a guy who really needs a boatload of high-end LOTR-grade elves and city)

edited December 1969

Maury1 said:
    One suggestion for these awesome lights might be the interior of a church with glass stained windows! It might be awe inspiring.

Yes, i thought about making a stained glass texture and placing it on a plane behind that window casement, and shine down a volumetric light through it on to the floor -but I can't figure out how to have fog AND volume lights at the same time lol. I JUST opened the package hehe, I'll need to time to learn it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627
    edited February 2015

Kyoto Kid said:

It works now after an uninstall reinstall through DIM.
    ...did that and still, only the Fog and EZ Volume cameras work.

...aside from these issues here is a scene I did using a GOBO on the spotlight. (done in Daz 4.6)

uuhh_mr._soldier_._._.final_.png
    1400 x 1050 - 2M
    Post edited by kyoto kid on