Contaminated base Genesis

BlueSiriusBlueSirius Posts: 86
edited December 1969 in New Users

In making a lot of custom character morphs my base genesis has contaminated with a few morphs that seem to load with any character using it now.

How do I "factory reset" the base genesis?

So far I have tried uninstalling the genesis starter essentials then reinstalling it in Daz install manager. Didn't work... Problem is when I load any of my Genesis men they now have a few female character morphs under them...

Reset as in zero figure shape does give me a clean base when I need it - trouble is I have a set of many actors made up for something and their base is loading with these female morphs..

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

When you load the base Genesis character from your Content Library pane, go to the Currently Used option in the Parameters pane, and see what morphs are loading with the base figure.

Get rid of all of them, and resave the base Genesis over the one in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,456
    edited December 1969

It sounds more as if one or more morphs are set to default to a non-zero value. There are some freebies that do this, or you may have done it yourself if you've ever used File>Save as>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets. Find the non-zero morphs, as Jimmy says, and then in each case click on the gear icon on the slider, then Parameter Settings, and in the dialogue edit the Default and curent values to 0, then go to File>Save as>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets and make sure that only the morphs you zeroed are checked.

• BlueSiriusBlueSirius Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Thank you both - problem sorted..I now have a flat chested Genesis again :)

Yes I had been writing support assets in trying to sort out some deformation problems... which just needed the rigging to "Adjust to shape"

Both morphs didn't show up as current till I typed their names .. knew them well though as I use them as the base for one of my main characters ... and Yes they were set to default so both lots of advice helped fix the content

Cheers