Whiteout problem in Lights & Camera tab

Objects in the Lights & Camera tab of my version of Daz Studio 4.6 have suddenly been showing up as completely white images. (See attached example) When I switch to the Actors,Wardrobe & Props tab, Pose & Animate tab or the Render tab, the objects and characters appear normal. When I spot render in the Lights & Camera tab, the image renders normally. This problem occurs even when starting a new project. Having lights on or off in the scene doesn't change the whiteout image.

My 4.6.1.17 version of Daz Studio has been very stable up to this point. Any solutions or ideas what may have caused this condition will be greatly appreciated.

Normal_in_other_tabs.jpg
1920 x 1041 - 192K
Whiteout_in_Lights_tab.jpg
1920 x 1037 - 175K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Click on the little ball next to where it says 'Perspective View' in your image.

Change the drop down to Texture Shaded (currently at Smooth Shaded)

• edited December 1969

To JimmyC_2009:

Thank you very much! I must have inadvertently changed over to Smooth Shaded at some point without realizing it. Even though I've been playing with this program off and on for a couple of years, I still have much to learn.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There are lots of little things that can be switched on and off by accident when you are learning.

I still learn things about DS most days on the forums :)

• OMG - Thank you JimmyC_2009! Thank you! Thank you! I was hunting through this trying to figure it out, and despairingly sure it was my graphics card going haywire. 

Thank you!