Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.20.0.17! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• VEGA said:

... The Iray statistics from the small window disapeared, texture memory, geometry etc. ...

I wrote a ticket some time ago about it missing in the log file. Answer is: "Solved" but that only means that it was forwarded to the dev team as I understand the answer text. No information whether it will be implemented or when that happens (a bit uncommon in the software world to tell the enduser a ticket is "solved" when it was just forwarded to the next team).

Just tested in ...43 beta. No vram details in the log file.

• cgidesign said:

VEGA said:

... The Iray statistics from the small window disapeared, texture memory, geometry etc. ...

I wrote a ticket some time ago about it missing in the log file. Answer is: "Solved" but that only means that it was forwarded to the dev team as I understand the answer text. No information whether it will be implemented or when that happens (a bit uncommon in the software world to tell the enduser a ticket is "solved" when it was just forwarded to the next team).

Just tested in ...43 beta. No vram details in the log file.

The infor,ation is coming (or not) from Iray - messages that appear in the log file with the form Date Iray [Severity] are from iray, if they were daz Studio's work they would start Date [Severity] Iray

• Does anyone else have a problem with loading a scene in the newest beta release?  Every time I load a scene, it comes up with every single texture in the scene and tells me it can't locate it, however, when I go to locate it manually, it's sitting exactly where it said it couldn't find it.  The asset folders and everything are pointed to the exact same places as the release version.  I just don't understand.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,468

Shatteredhelix said:

Does anyone else have a problem with loading a scene in the newest beta release?  Every time I load a scene, it comes up with every single texture in the scene and tells me it can't locate it, however, when I go to locate it manually, it's sitting exactly where it said it couldn't find it.  The asset folders and everything are pointed to the exact same places as the release version.  I just don't understand.

Scenes are loading fine for me in 4.16.1.43, so it is not a universal problem.

• Are you sure the beta has the correct paths? It may be worth using http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/save_mapped_paths/start to transfer the paths from the general release version, assuming the scenes iopen there.

edited February 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you sure the beta has the correct paths? It may be worth using http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/save_mapped_paths/start to transfer the paths from the general release version, assuming the scenes iopen there.

Yes, the sample scripts to copy mapped paths and UI from one release channel to another (beta to release or release to beta) save tremendous time and avoid a lot of human error mistakes. Please express my thanks for those scripts to Rob or whoever is responsible. 

Post edited by barbult on
  • THANK YOU! That did the trick.  I still don't know what I was doing wrong, I spent HOURS going over every single option and comparing them.  Oh well, that script is going in my toolbox, that's for sure. Now to figure out how to transfer over my scripts and favorites menus over.

• AalaAala Posts: 140

Question: In the Beta (4.16.1.43), if I now search for something on the content directory, it's quite slow to display the items, whereas in the current Main version (4.16.0.3), just like all the previous versions, the content search turns up pretty much everything isntantly. How can I change the Beta version to behave like the Main version (if it's possible)?

• Richard Haseltine said:

The infor,ation is coming (or not) from Iray - messages that appear in the log file with the form Date Iray [Severity] are from iray, if they were daz Studio's work they would start Date [Severity] Iray

Of course they are coming from Iray. I just assume there is a log level parameter in the API with which you call the log function. My guess is, the devs just need to check whether something has changed regadring those levels, to get the vram info back.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,823

Aala said:

Question: In the Beta (4.16.1.43), if I now search for something on the content directory, it's quite slow to display the items, whereas in the current Main version (4.16.0.3), just like all the previous versions, the content search turns up pretty much everything isntantly. How can I change the Beta version to behave like the Main version (if it's possible)?

Are you searching from the database or files? 

• AalaAala Posts: 140

PerttiA said:

Aala said:

Are you searching from the database or files? 

Ahh okay, that's it! Thanks! Was wondering why it was different.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 247

Any news when 4.16.1.x gets Alpha Status?

And can someone confirm that load times of a G8F/G8.1F with a large content library are much faster?

• Joe2018 said:

And can someone confirm that load times of a G8F/G8.1F with a large content library are much faster?

Alpha comes before beta - I assume you mean general release, in which case we don't know.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited February 2022

Just wanted to say thanks to DS-devs again for adding all the info 'detes' under Morphs>Parameters not so long ago.  So helpful.  :)

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on

Saxa -- SD said:

Just wanted to say thanks to DS-devs again for adding all the info 'detes' under Morphs>Parameters not so long ago.  So helpful.  :)

Huh? Where does one find Morphs>Parameters in Daz Studio?

edited February 2022

am sure others may describe differently. you probably know about this already?

Morphs EnJ -Params2.JPG
    860 x 1208 - 148K
    Morphs -Params2.JPG
    898 x 1259 - 149K
    Morphs -Params.JPG
    867 x 1313 - 152K

Saxa -- SD said:

Thanks for the screenshots. I know about the gear icon and the parameter settings, but the Asset subtab is new. Thanks for pointing it out.

edited February 2022

On another note, in one scene, a G8F with 200+ morphs (or many many deltas) is basically posing the same time as a G8F with all the morphs OBJ-consolidated to one new morph (or 1 delta)  dial for head/body.  Animating in IRAY for 10frames is fast.  Filament is so much faster and pretty much live. Thats on beta 4.16.1.43.

Anyone have a more effective test to see if a G8F with tons of morphs poses/animates differently time-wise than a G8F with one morph to dial in your shape?

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,971

How to fix the broken 3Delight shaders in this last beta? It's everything pure white on any shader I'm using and those few that doesn't go white doesn't give me the right effect.

I have to delete and rebuild the shader cache multiple times before they work fine and some of them still doesn't work the right way.

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 122

Joe2018 said:

4.16.1.47 is the current publically released Beta.

I am running 4.16.1.43, and it loads G8F in the same slowish time (20 seconds) as 4.16.0.3, which is the current general release

I didn't do any measurements, but this may actually be significantly faster than 4.15.x.x or 4.14.x.x, If so, it is still slow enough to be noticeable and annoying. I remember the slowness being almost intolerably annoying (I think it was taking minutes), and now it seems just annoying, so either there has been a speedup, or I have just grown to accept it.

• barbult said:

Saxa -- SD said:

Thanks for the screenshots. I know about the gear icon and the parameter settings, but the Asset subtab is new. Thanks for pointing it out.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_15_1_76
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_15_1_78

edited February 2022

I'm beta testing a plugin product in DS 4.16.1.47 Public Beta. While testing the product, DS 4.16.1.47 crashed. The following info is in the log file. Why is the C drive of a Daz developer referenced in DS log messages? Or is that a misinterpretation of the message and it has nothing to do with Daz developers?

2022-02-15 18:28:01.157 [WARNING] :: ..........\src\sdksource\shapes\dzfacetmesh.cpp(7636): Index out of range in DzFacetMesh::getFacet()
    2022-02-15 18:28:01.157 [WARNING] :: c:\dazdevel\hudson\hudson_home\workspace\nb_ds_dev_cmake\src\sdk\include\dztsimplearray.h(154): Illegal array index in DzTSimpleArray::at()
    2022-02-15 18:28:01.157 [WARNING] :: c:\dazdevel\hudson\hudson_home\workspace\nb_ds_dev_cmake\src\sdk\include\dztsimplearray.h(154): Illegal array index in DzTSimpleArray::at()
    2022-02-15 18:28:01.158 [WARNING] :: ..........\src\sdksource\shapes\dzfacetmesh.cpp(7636): Index out of range in DzFacetMesh::getFacet()
    2022-02-15 18:28:01.158 [WARNING] :: c:\dazdevel\hudson\hudson_home\workspace\nb_ds_dev_cmake\src\sdk\include\dztsimplearray.h(154): Illegal array index in DzTSimpleArray::at()
    2022-02-15 18:28:01.158 [WARNING] :: c:\dazdevel\hudson\hudson_home\workspace\nb_ds_dev_cmake\src\sdk\include\dztsimplearray.h(154): Illegal array index in DzTSimpleArray::at()

Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

I'm beta testing a plugin product in DS 4.16.1.47 Public Beta. While testing the product, DS 4.16.1.47 crashed. The following info is in the log file. Why is the C drive of a Daz developer referenced in DS log messages? Or is that a misinterpretation of the message and it has nothing to do with Daz developers?

2022-02-15 18:28:01.157 [WARNING] :: ..........\src\sdksource\shapes\dzfacetmesh.cpp(7636): Index out of range in DzFacetMesh::getFacet()
    2022-02-15 18:28:01.158 [WARNING] :: ..........\src\sdksource\shapes\dzfacetmesh.cpp(7636): Index out of range in DzFacetMesh::getFacet()

It's long been like that, I asume it's a relic of the compile environment.

• Just tested. Vram memory details not yet in DS 4.16.1.47 Public Beta.

• cgidesign said:

Just tested. Vram memory details not yet in DS 4.16.1.47 Public Beta.

That will require a new version of Iray, and presumably will be noted in the Iray change thread when/if implemented.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,004
    edited February 2022

Trying the new ground fog option, it definitely has a lot of potential, also found that my render initialization time with Ultra Scenery has about halved.. Also when exiting Studio, it seems to now not take ages unload from memory.. laugh

Have found one annoying thing with the current beta, is that if I customize the layout by removing/closing tabs.. The who layout resets when I shut it down and start it up again.. sad

Morning MIst.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 577K
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,214
    edited February 2022

Is this new ground fog thing a function of Iray or of an nVidia GPU? I can only render in CPU mode, so is it worth updating my (currently happily working) beta version to the latest to get this?

PS: Nice render, Ghosty12!

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,004

MelanieL said:

Is this new ground fog thing a function of Iray or of an nVidia GPU? I can only render in CPU mode, so is it worth updating my (currently happily working) beta version to the latest to get this?

PS: Nice render, Ghosty12!

Thank you it does look good, the new ground fog feature is a iRay only thing unfortunately, so rendering with CPU will take longer..  sad

• DamselDamsel Posts: 377

If I choose not to go to 4.20 -- and this sounds like a nightmare -- will 4.16 work with the NVidia update? Also, are all the plugins and scripts broken with 4.20? There was some discussion of that a few months ago. I use a lot of scripts.