Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.20.0.17! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Jay VersluisJay Versluis Posts: 245
    edited February 2022

@Ghostly12 Nice render indeed!

Try saving your new layout under Window - Workspace, then restart Daz Studio. That should bring your changes back.

Post edited by Jay Versluis on
  • Damsel said:

If I choose not to go to 4.20 -- and this sounds like a nightmare -- will 4.16 work with the NVidia update? Also, are all the plugins and scripts broken with 4.20? There was some discussion of that a few months ago. I use a lot of scripts.

4.16 will work with the latest NVIDIA drivers. Plugins and scripts still works in 4.20.

• Getting the same problem with saving and loading layouts as @Ghostly12 it is really annoying, Also where is the new Volumetric shader? I can't find it.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,112
    edited February 2022

Slippery_Jimm said:

Getting the same problem with saving and loading layouts as @Ghostly12 it is really annoying, Also where is the new Volumetric shader? I can't find it.

It should be in the updated Default Resources package.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

So I got DAZ 4.15 Public BETA and the normal 4.15.

If I install 4.20 main branch that just been released, would the public beta 4.15 keep on working?

• Paintbox said:

If I install 4.20 main branch that just been released, would the public beta 4.15 keep on working?

Yes.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,159
    edited February 2022

volumetrics looks awesome . But the features and fixes button is not working, giving out 404 errors

Capture.JPG
    1172 x 672 - 99K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • DoctorJellybean said:

Slippery_Jimm said:

Getting the same problem with saving and loading layouts as @Ghostly12 it is really annoying, Also where is the new Volumetric shader? I can't find it.

I've uninstalled Daz Studio, removed all files and app data and cleared out the registry and re-installed tha lot including the default resources package and still can't find the volumetric shader.

• Slippery_Jimm said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Slippery_Jimm said:

I've uninstalled Daz Studio, removed all files and app data and cleared out the registry and re-installed tha lot including the default resources package and still can't find the volumetric shader.

Did the Default Resources package show as an update in DIM? The zip is named DefaultResourcesforDAZStudio420 and the Volumetric Shader is in "Shader Presets\Iray\Daz Volume".

• DoctorJellybean said:

Slippery_Jimm said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Slippery_Jimm said:

Did the Default Resources package show as an update in DIM? The zip is named DefaultResourcesforDAZStudio420 and the Volumetric Shader is in "Shader Presets\Iray\Daz Volume".

Thanks for the reply, I shall go check the resource package zip. I definately haven't got the shader in the shader presets folder

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,971
    edited February 2022

This gave me a sad smirk... All the bugs I reported many times, along with many other users, are still here.

Fixes.jpg
    1257 x 539 - 395K
    Post edited by Imago on
  • OK, found it, I forgot to move the files over to my library.Ooops! I shall put that down to being up most of the night fighting with the workspace layout debacle.

DoctorJellybean said:

Paintbox said:

Yes.

Thank you, good to know!

• But how to import the .vdb files, i have some for example, but the normal importer doesn'r allow to import the vdb, with some plugin?

• superzairus said:

But how to import the .vdb files, i have some for example, but the normal importer doesn'r allow to import the vdb, with some plugin?

I imported on via the Volume File button in Surfaces tab

• superzairussuperzairus Posts: 6
    edited February 2022

Slippery_Jimm said:

superzairus said:

But how to import the .vdb files, i have some for example, but the normal importer doesn'r allow to import the vdb, with some plugin?

Have you create a primitive, applied volume shader and load the vdb file in the surface tab?

Post edited by superzairus on
  • superzairus said:

Slippery_Jimm said:

superzairus said:

Have you create a primitive, applied volume shader and load the vdb file in the surface tab?

Yes, that's how I did it

• Slippery_Jimm said:

superzairus said:

Slippery_Jimm said:

superzairus said:

Yes, that's how I did it

Thanks for the clarifications, doesn't work with me, for some reasons.

• I see under Features and Fixes that they say they have a fully suported ghost light solution. Just what exsactly is that? I use ghost lighting a fair bit in my own renders and have somethings I was working on for sale that used them too 

• DreamWeever said:

I see under Features and Fixes that they say they have a fully suported ghost light solution. Just what exsactly is that? I use ghost lighting a fair bit in my own renders and have somethings I was working on for sale that used them too 

Maybe it's because of the problem in the latest version of Daz, ghost light caused trouble, flickering in animations and was not stable.

• superzairus said:

DreamWeever said:

I see under Features and Fixes that they say they have a fully suported ghost light solution. Just what exsactly is that? I use ghost lighting a fair bit in my own renders and have somethings I was working on for sale that used them too 

Maybe it's because of the problem in the latest version of Daz, ghost light caused trouble, flickering in animations and was not stable.

Yes but form what I had read previously ghost lights were no longer working at all with this itteration of DS/Iray so to see that stated in the Features has me wondering just whats what 

• Depa3DDepa3D Posts: 22

Ghosty12 said:

Trying the new ground fog option, it definitely has a lot of potential, also found that my render initialization time with Ultra Scenery has about halved.. Also when exiting Studio, it seems to now not take ages unload from memory.. laugh

Where is this new ground fog option/material. It was not in my Daz 420 resource zip. At least that I could find. Is this a different product that I've missed?

• Depa3D said:

Ghosty12 said:

Trying the new ground fog option, it definitely has a lot of potential, also found that my render initialization time with Ultra Scenery has about halved.. Also when exiting Studio, it seems to now not take ages unload from memory.. laugh

Where is this new ground fog option/material. It was not in my Daz 420 resource zip. At least that I could find. Is this a different product that I've missed?

Render Settings tab then Environment section, right at the bottom

• So like, question:

Am I the only one who have problems installing 4.20? Like, I download it but when I go to install it, it just says this

2022-02-18 20:17:56.097 Installing: 13176-2 : DAZ Studio 4.20 (Win 64-bit)
    2022-02-18 20:18:56.884 WARNING: Killed Process 
    2022-02-18 20:18:56.884 WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
    2022-02-18 20:18:56.889 Install Failed: DAZ Studio 4.20 (Win 64-bit)

Why it kills the process like this? With no further explanation? Also it's been the whole day that when I boot daz, I always get the postgreSQL connection error and it doesn't seem to connect for some reason. Do you have any internal problems, by any chance? 

I currently use IM and no, I don't plan in downloading daz central. Appreciated!

• masterchief93 said:

So like, question:

Am I the only one who have problems installing 4.20? Like, I download it but when I go to install it, it just says this

2022-02-18 20:17:56.097 Installing: 13176-2 : DAZ Studio 4.20 (Win 64-bit)
    2022-02-18 20:18:56.884 WARNING: Killed Process 
    2022-02-18 20:18:56.884 WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
    2022-02-18 20:18:56.889 Install Failed: DAZ Studio 4.20 (Win 64-bit)

Why it kills the process like this? With no further explanation? Also it's been the whole day that when I boot daz, I always get the postgreSQL connection error and it doesn't seem to connect for some reason. Do you have any internal problems, by any chance? 

I currently use IM and no, I don't plan in downloading daz central. Appreciated!

Any anti-virus or anti-malware apps which could interfere with the installation?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,112
    edited February 2022

Slippery_Jimm said:

Depa3D said:

Ghosty12 said:

Render Settings tab then Environment section, right at the bottom

An Environment Options node must be in the scene for the fog options to be available.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • We need clarification for "A fully supported ghost light solution" claim in 4.20 features and fixes.

If this is talking about that boolean property and if they are still visible in mirrors and reflections than that's not a solution we were looking for.

• Ok, seems like everything works with VDB, my problem was the scale, i forgot about fix it when reimport. but here is another question that appeared before me, Is there a posibility to load a sequence of .vdb, coz with single one it's all cool, but not really.

johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

We need clarification for "A fully supported ghost light solution" claim in 4.20 features and fixes.

If this is talking about that boolean property and if they are still visible in mirrors and reflections than that's not a solution we were looking for.

KindredArts just posted, an update to his products will be provided and work like before as I understand it.

• artistb3artistb3 Posts: 188
    edited February 2022

So, for those of us who use emissive lights, DAZ has a "solution" that may cause every single Iray scene we ever worked on to no longer work, as is.  The first thing I did after installing 4.20 was to render a scene I created yesterday.  I immediately noticed a change in the lighting.  I use emmisive planes extensively for scene lighting.  In order to insure that the light geometry does not show in the render, I set the opacity on the emissive light object to 0.000001. DAZ appears to have changed the behavior of these lights such that the light will no longer emit unless the opacity is set to 1.0. 

But if the emissive object opacity is set to 1.0, then light geometry will show in the render if the emitter is in the cameras field of view (depending on how many sides of the light object one elects to emit and from which 3D position the camera views it).

Attached are two images rendered with DS 4.20. In both cases there is a single sided emissive plane pointing at the G8M head. Image1 shows how the render looks with the emissive light opacity set to 0.000001. It does not emit and the the emissive light geometry does not render (I took Iray preview screen-shots so that you can see where the light is in relation to the figure). The previous DS release would have rendered the scene with light on the G8M figure but without the emissive light geometry also rendering. Image2 shows how the render looks with the emissive light opacity set to 1.0.  It emits, but the light geometry shows up in the render. I used variations of this light in nearly every scene I created since Iray was introduced in DS.

One can search "ghost light" for information on this "solution". I will submit a ticket and hope to obtain an install of the previous version until they release a real solution.

Image01.jpg
    1839 x 1855 - 88K
    Image02.jpg
    1851 x 1853 - 114K
    Post edited by artistb3 on