Animation problem after morphing

Comments

• margrave said:

Just save it as a morph asset then. I think you need to select the [M] icon next to the slider so that Daz Studio knows which morph you're trying to save, but I could be wrong about that.

Thank you, So I managed to create a slider that controls all the other sliders and in "morph asset" I select the name of the new slider but I can't save the file (.dsf)... I made several tests without success...

On the other hand, when I save a morph using "morph asset" which was imported with "Morph Loader Pro" then I find well the file (.dsf)...

I don't understand anything anymore... 

• Please post your screen shots in Smooth Sahded mode, not textured - though I don't think they are needed anyway. For saving settings for morph proeprties thata re already available just use a Shaping Preset, there is not need to create a new asset file.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Please post your screen shots in Smooth Sahded mode, not textured - though I don't think they are needed anyway. For saving settings for morph proeprties thata re already available just use a Shaping Preset, there is not need to create a new asset file.

Hi and thanks, I tried the Shaping Preset but it doesn't work. 

Maybe it's because of the genesis figure that is cut out to make room for the vagina?

As requested, here is a screenshot.

• Please post the screen shot usign the Smooth Shaded drawstyle, or without the figure at all if you are just showing the properties. Click the spege icon next to the camera/view picker button at top-right of the Viewport to access the drawstyles.

• food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 97
    edited November 2021

Hi sorry for the delay, I had to uninstall and reinstall Daz studio because I encountered a problem.

I finally managed to save the morph... thanks to all of you for helping me... the Daz community is great

I used DIM to uninstall and reinstall Daz studio but after the installation I can't find the "Shaders" (even the PBR Skin shader that I often use) that were in "Surface/Presets".

Do you know how to install them?

Thanks

Post edited by food.plus13 on
  • Those are part of the default resources package, not the main Daz Studio application package.

Those are part of the default resources package, not the main Daz Studio application package.

Thanks but how to find it in DIM?

• food.plus13 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Those are part of the default resources package, not the main Daz Studio application package.

That is its name - Default Resources - and it will have its own entry in DIM.

food.plus13 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

That is its name - Default Resources - and it will have its own entry in DIM.

Thanks a lot I found "Default Resources".

When I want to apply the shader "Daz Iray PBRSkin" I have to select the surfaces each time but once applied how to save it to apply it on the character in one time (without selecting the surfaces)?

• A Materials preset doesn't require selecting anything but the model - it goes by the surface names, instead of by their selection state, and as a rsult it can apply different settings to each surface if desired.

A Materials preset doesn't require selecting anything but the model - it goes by the surface names, instead of by their selection state, and as a rsult it can apply different settings to each surface if desired.

Thanks a lot, I made it with Materials preset

But my character is in 2 parts:

1/ the whole body (except the genital part)

2/ The genital part

I had to create a Materials preset for the body (except the genital part) and another Materials preset for the genital part

I didn't manage to make only one Materials preset for the body and the genital part because when I save it, it's either one or the other

Do you know a solution ?

• You can use a Hierarchical Materials prset, as long as the Aantomical Eeleemnts are parented to the figure as well as fitted (assuming they are fitted).

You can use a Hierarchical Materials prset, as long as the Aantomical Eeleemnts are parented to the figure as well as fitted (assuming they are fitted).

Hi Richard and thanks, Yes the anatomical elements are parented to the figure, do you know how to use a hierarchical material preset?

• food.plus13 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You can use a Hierarchical Materials prset, as long as the Aantomical Eeleemnts are parented to the figure as well as fitted (assuming they are fitted).

Hi Richard and thanks, Yes the anatomical elements are parented to the figure, do you know how to use a hierarchical material preset?

File>Save As>Hierarchical Materials Preset..., then in the options dialogue check both the figure and the Anatomical Eeleemnts. Then apply it as usual, and it will affect both figure and parented elements.

food.plus13 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

File>Save As>Hierarchical Materials Preset..., then in the options dialogue check both the figure and the Anatomical Eeleemnts. Then apply it as usual, and it will affect both figure and parented elements.

Thank you so much, it was so simple but I hadn't seen it before.

After selecting all surfaces including Anatomical Elements and do: File>Save As>Hierarchical Materials Preset I have this message : "you must select a node with descendant geometry in the scene to save a hierarchical materials preset" and I don't know how to select a node with descendant geometry ?

• Saving Materials presets doesn't care about surface selection, it cares about node selection (in the Scene pane) - select the main figure.

Saving Materials presets doesn't care about surface selection, it cares about node selection (in the Scene pane) - select the main figure.

Thank you very much, I learned a lot.

• Hi everyone,

I have 2 questions if you don't mind:

1/ What is the difference between saving a character with "File>Save As>Character Presets" or with "File>Save As>Support Asset>Figure/prop Assets "?

2/ Is Morph Assets used to save the morph dial (the dial with the slider from 0 to 100) and is "Shaping Preset" used to save the morph as an icon (for example Head Apply, Body Apply, Head Remove, Body Remove)?

Thanks

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

A character preset is a combination of a shaping preset and a material preset. That has nothing to do with a support asset, which is for saving obj models you import to use as props.

A morph asset is used to save the actual morph data to your hard drive. A shaping preset just records the value of a morph slider that's already been saved as a morph asset.

Anytime you save a preset, that's saved as a Duf file. Duf files have references to assets you've saved in your runtime, they (mostly) don't contain any asset data themselves.

All Duf files have a PNG icon created alongside them with the same filename. You can open your content folder and change them to whatever you want.

• Thank you very much, I see more clearly. 

And what is the difference between "Morph Assets" and "Figure/prop Assets"?

To save a modified character (for me personally and not to sell it), you advise me to save it in "Character Preset" or in "Figure/prop Assets"

Thanks

• Modified how? You don't want to create new assets unless you ned to - they clutter up the disc, and break the link to the original so that new content won't be readily available. If all you are doing is editing settings, applying materials, applying dFormers, and running simulations then a preset (or Scene/Scene Subset) would be the way to go. If you have added a new morph, through Morph loader or spawned from a dForm, and if you wanted it to be available on other characters based on the same figure in the future (rather than its being a specific modification for the current scene or character) then it might well make sense to save it as a morph asset. if you have imported a new geometry, as a static prop or as a figure, and expect to use it in other scenes in future then saving as a Figure/prop Asset might be sensible (because then most of the information is saved once, to the /data folder, and scenes need cotnain only the identity of the item and any changed settings).

• food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 97
    edited December 2021

Thanks a lot, so I modify my figure with new Morph (.obj) using "Morph Loader Pro" so I have to use "Morph Asset".

But to make my morphs with "Morph Loader Pro" I don't use original Genesis 8 but I use Genesis 8 (which has undergone a morph) as main figure.

And that's why I asked the question: How should I save the Genesis 8 figure that has undergone a morph (height, and other modifications) that will be used as my main figure to make morphs?

Post edited by food.plus13 on
    edited December 2021

Load the morph using Morph Loader Pro. That will save the actual morph data to your hard drive. It will then become available for every Genesis 8 figure.

Then turn the morph's slider up to 100% and save a shaping preset (or a character preset, if you want to keep the materials too) to avoid having to use the property sliders.

When you export that figure, it will be saved out with its morphed shape, so you can use it as a base for other morphs. You'll also want to create some ERC Multiply links so those derivate morphs are only applied with the base character morph is dialed in.

Post edited by margrave on
  • Thank you, so you advise me in my case to save with shaping preset or character preset?

Are you sure that when we load the morph using Morph Loader Pro it is saved in our hard drive without saving anything ? 

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

It has to be saved as a Morph Asset to be part the morph pool.

food.plus13 said:

Thank you, so you advise me in my case to save with shaping preset or character preset?

Are you sure that when we load the morph using Morph Loader Pro it is saved in our hard drive without saving anything ? 

No, you need to load the morph with Morph Loader and then save it as a morph asset.

Assets = model data files.

Presets = property slider values.

An asset needs to exist first, then you can create a preset to control its properties.

• margrave said:

food.plus13 said:

Thank you, so you advise me in my case to save with shaping preset or character preset?

No, you need to load the morph with Morph Loader and then save it as a morph asset.

Assets = model data files.

Presets = property slider values.

An asset needs to exist first, then you can create a preset to control its properties.

A morph can be enbedded in the scene file, or in a Character preset if that is ued to load a new figure. That tends (or has tended in the past) not to work well for auto follow - if the morph is in the base figure it would not reliably project into fitted items - though that would not usually be a concern with morphs in clothing or the like.

• Thank you very much to all...

• Hi everyone 

Do you know why when I use "Face Transfer" on a morphed character I get a long neck but on the original genesis 8 character I have no problem?

Thanks

• Morphed how? What happens if you load the morphed and base figures into a scene, both in the default pose - how much do they overlap?