G8 Anatomical Elements textures will not apply

landen.grunwaldlanden.grunwald Posts: 0
edited November 2021 in New Users

I'm very new to this, so I don't doubt it's user error, however I cannot for the life of me get the texture to go onto the anatomical parts. I have the pro bundle, the models are all therre, but when I try to apply textures, the whole body will change, but the genitals stay gray. anyone have some advice for me?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Are you sure the character you are using has materials for the Anatomical Elements? For the most part recent sets will use a Hierarchcial Materials preset (they will have H. Materials at top-right of the thumbnail for the main  material preset if it was isntalled with its metadata) which will apply to both figure and add-ons, but some sets will have separate materials and will require you to select the Anatomical Elements (right-click menu, or use the list in the Scene pane) before applying the materials.

• It depends on the model.  Not all models include anatomical mapping.  There are 3rd party products that will use their own mappings for anatomical elements.  I'm new to the forums, so I'm not sure I can reference them here.

• Some characters that do come with the textures have to be applied separately, meaning they won't be applied along with the base skin. Others may not have a separate texture for the anatomical elements geograph but will have the gens painted on the torso texture, which can still work if you can swap the UV map of the geograph to that of the torso. This is easily done with G3F/G8F characters if you have Skin Builder installed for those generations, but will not work with character skins that use different base UV maps.

• landen.grunwald said:

I'm very new to this, so I don't doubt it's user error, however I cannot for the life of me get the texture to go onto the anatomical parts.

Others have already mentioned the reason this is happening. But if you want more realistic "anatomy additions" (no matter if we're talking male or female characters) then you should probably not rely on Daz themselves (no disrespect intended here of course). Instead go 3rd party, my personal favorite being the 'Renderotica' website. You can probably find additions for pretty much any kind of character which is available on the Daz store, which is also the reason why I'm kinda convinced that me mentioning this shouldn't pose a problem; at best this website is a huge enhancement for whatever is available on the Daz store (no pun intended here). Most of 'their' work relies on Daz items afterall.

Not to mention that some of the characters you can get over there can truly come to live using additions from the Daz store over here, but that's just me being biased in both ways ;)