How do you transfer daz studio custom workspace layout and customizations from a PC to another?

RodrijRodrij Posts: 154

How do you transfer daz studio custom workspace layout and customizations from a PC to another?

Is there a file I can copy that contains the Window>Workspace>Select Layout and Window>Workspace>customize... settings?

Post edited by Rodrij on

Comments

• solissolis Posts: 124

Hi, I'm pretty sure you'll find it in your AppData > Roaming > DAZ3D folder, wherever it appears on your system.

On my system its C: > Users > Admin > AppData > Roaming > DAZ 3D > Studio4 > user layouts

On Win10, you may need to enable 'show hidden files, folders and drives' for the AppData folder to show up.

• %AppData%/daz 3d/studio4/user layouts/

should take you to the right location.

• solissolis Posts: 124

Richard Haseltine said:

%AppData%/daz 3d/studio4/user layouts/

should take you to the right location.

That's a very handy shortcut - thank you Richard yes

• RodrijRodrij Posts: 154

Got it working. One thing though is that the user layouts folder isn't created in a fresh install of Daz studio until you save at least one custom layout.

• I've tried this but even choosing that custom workspace on another PC it is not applied.

Is there an "Import" now inf V.4.21?

I copied the entire folder user_workspace from PC 1 to PC 2 and this option does nothing.

• paul_ae567ab9 said:

I've tried this but even choosing that custom workspace on another PC it is not applied.

Is there an "Import" now inf V.4.21?

Import what? The feature has not chnaged - if it isn't showing you may need to use Window>Workspace>Update and Merge Menus.

I copied the entire folder user_workspace from PC 1 to PC 2 and this option does nothing.

• [SOLVED]

Copied two folders plus a collection of other files.

• user layouts (folder)
    • user styles (folder0

Individual files from root of AppData folder

• actions.dsx ?
    • customactions.dsx ?
    • layout.dsx
    • menue.dsx
    • toolbars.dsx
    • dzrenderstttingsdimensionspresets.dsx ?

Only after copying all of these was I able to get DS to honor my settings.  Manually selecting from drop down would always rever to Darkside theme until I coppied those additional files.  Not sure all of them were necessary ? but moved them all to save time doing trial and error one at a time.

Thanks!