Cartoon rendering?

RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there a cartoon (2D) render function for DAZ 4.7? Or was it dropped in this version? If dropped, is there a plug-in or software add on that does.

Comments

• NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
    edited March 2015

Cartoon Shaded still shows up in the drop down box in the viewport, so I don't think they have removed it.

While experimenting with new render settings, I swear I accidently clicked on something that opened a window where you could select the cartoon shader and thinking to myself it was an odd place for them to put it. I just tried looking for it now, but I can't find it.

Personally, I feel I've always gotten better results by rendering normally and using outside software to give it a cartoon/roto look.

If your working with stills, check out Toon-It by Digital Anarchy for PhotoShop.

If your doing animation, RED-GIANT makes the same TOON-IT plug in for After a Effects.

The thing is, If you have after effects, it comes with a FREE cartoon plug-in called....CARTOON...lol...It actually works really well and it's the one I use the most.

If I remember how I accessed the cartoon shader in Daz I'll post back.

Post edited by NoName99 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

Note that Cartoon Mode affects only the DAZ Default Shader. It is normally hidden, but can be shown from the render Settings pane option menu by checking Show Hidden Properties.

• RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

Note that Cartoon Mode affects only the DAZ Default Shader. It is normally hidden, but can be shown from the render Settings pane option menu by checking Show Hidden Properties.

Thanks but what I was trying to convey was making truly cartoon image as on a manga or comic book cover/page.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

Imposer12 said:

Thanks but what I was trying to convey was making truly cartoon image as on a manga or comic book cover/page.

The Cartoon mode in previous versions of DS, if you mean the one in render settings, has always affected only the DAZ Default Shader - it simply triggers a switch to alternative shader code behind the scenes. You can either switch to the DAZ Default Shader for all items in the scene and use the hidden switch in Render Settings, or you can use pwToon or another alternative shader for all items in the scene (or a mix of both).

• RPGMaker247RPGMaker247 Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

Imposer12 said:

The Cartoon mode in previous versions of DS, if you mean the one in render settings, has always affected only the DAZ Default Shader - it simply triggers a switch to alternative shader code behind the scenes. You can either switch to the DAZ Default Shader for all items in the scene and use the hidden switch in Render Settings, or you can use pwToon or another alternative shader for all items in the scene (or a mix of both).

Thanks for the info but I found "Camera Magic ToonyCam Pro" which is what I'm looking for.

• keeblarkeeblar Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I would just like to thank you for this entire post! I missed the cartoon rendering option too. I Love the looks of Iray but obviously my computer does not as it takes around 1 hour 30minutes to render 1 frame. I downloaded the 4.5 version just to get the cartoon render option back, now I can delete that version and work in just one version.

Have a nice day.