Does anybody know why this is happening to my dress?

After using the transfer utility, whenever I pose her, the sleeves seem to stick and pull from the point where the sleeves end. This doesn't happen with any other part of the dress. I can't figure out why it's doing that. This is coming from MD.

dress problem.PNG
1146 x 1132 - 408K

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,163

Is it happening to both arms, or just the left? Transfer Utility will generally only get you so far, and you should always expect to do at least a little clean-up work on its results. In this case, it just looks like the left sleeve (if that's the only one) didn't get fully weight-mapped.

As a side-note, I'd encourage you to retopologize the dress in MD before you bring it to DS.

• The ends of the sleeves are more-or-less equidistant between the upper thigh and the fingers, so the Transfer Utility may well decide they need the weights from the thigh (try bending the leg on that side and see what happens). As Gordig says, you casn expect to need to edit the weight maps - especially with items that fall far from the body, especially if there is ambiguity (by placement) about which body part they should be driven by.

• Thanks, I'll look into both!