Issue At Checkout

404nicg404nicg Posts: 270
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey, I'm trying to take advantage of the "spend $50 get $20 off sale" but the discount isn't being applied at checkout. Is there a code that needs to be entered?

Screen_Shot_2015-03-27_at_12.33_.13_PM_.png
615 x 479 - 391K

Comments

• LindaBLindaB Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Same here, what's going on?

• 404nicg404nicg Posts: 270
    edited December 1969

LindaB said:
    Same here, what's going on?

Ahh I figured it out. If you have Platinum Club then it won't count any items that you get a discount on due to your membership. It has to be all non-daz items... or at least non platinum club items

So that's what they meant by "Excludes Membership" *sigh*

• LindaBLindaB Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

I don't think so; I think it just means that you can't use the discount to BUY a Platinum Club membership. I don't think buying things that have Platinum Club discount would disqualify you from the $20 off. Then again, I think it would be nice if someone from DAZ would explain to us how to get the discount.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

So how's this sale working? The graphic says it only excludes giftcards and memberships... so everything else should work... I'm not seeing any discount in my cart though?

0327-mm-20off50-fix[1].jpg
    500 x 389 - 77K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

Merged 2 threads talking about the same thing

edited December 1969

Thank you, Frank :)

Well I cleared my Cache (via the browser, via hand and via a program), I was logged out and re logged in, and I can tell you that didn't help me with getting the discount.

Has anyone successfully used this sale by now? Maybe knowing what was bought might help understand the sale :)

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited March 2015

I've used it successfully. It applies automatically. I couldn't say what the rules are, but try putting several things in your cart and see what happens. I've had some good luck with March Madness-related items (and not just new ones)

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

My shopping cart shows 50.44$, but not the discount ... anyway, let the vendors wait for their money. I empty my cart now.

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

I can't get it to work either. :(

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

I've just emptied my cart for the second time!
    I came back after a few hours for a second attempt, with some different items. Guess it's not for me.

edited March 2015

What are the things in your cart that aren't working? Trying things out on my end, I'm not sure but it doesn't look like it applies to PC items and it may not count them toward the $50, even though it doesn't mention that in the rules. But I do see it apply to other new and old releases, march madness items, fast grab, other discounted daz originals, etc

Post edited by Storypilot on
    edited December 1969

yah, been trying to buy old mm items and some things out of the fastgrab, won't substruct the $20 ... ah well... saving 30something $s works just fine for me

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506
    edited December 1969

Same here. This discount is not working for PC+ items, which isn't stated in the banner.

edited December 1969

doesn't work without pc+ items either for me. I tried.

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

My cart had PC+ and FASTGRAB items. (neither mentioned in the 'fine print' on the banner ad).

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Would be nice if conditions other than those stated in the ad WERE STATED IN THE AD. Guessing games make for bad feelings among customers. Hint, hint. Will check back later to see if this is resolved. Otherwise, no sale.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,884
    edited March 2015

Worked allright for me. Just tried to put some items in the cart again to see if it works more than once. Look at the first cart, the total is $34.30, then I add a $32.95 item and the total drops to $30.77. Haven't checked the math here, but something definitely happens.
    --

cart20off-2.jpg
    845 x 1048 - 133K
    cart20off-1.jpg
    839 x 933 - 116K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Worked allright for me. Just tried to put some items in the cart again to see if it works more than once. Look at the first cart, the total is $34.30, then I add a $32.95 item and the total drops to $30.77. Haven't checked the math here, but something definitely happens.
    --

Those don't seem like PC+ items though? Or am I wrong here?

At any rate, I already sent in a ticket.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

I removed the one PC item, and replaced it with a fast grab, then discount applied. Daz originals seem to be OK. Again, this was not specified in the ad. Hidden conditions for a sale is bad business. Debating whether to forgo the purchase in a probably futile effort to make a point about business ethics.

edited March 2015

mtl1 said:
    Taozen said:
    --

Those don't seem like PC+ items though? Or am I wrong here?

At any rate, I already sent in a ticket.

No, it's not PC+ items.

I tried to add a HD item btw which is $2.99 if you have a Mad item in the cart which I have. That made the total jump from $30.77 to $36.23. So something is not working right.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited March 2015

So here's the crazy thing...

Everyday Poses for Sci-Fi Living Quarters
    FWSA Aiyana
    Make Her Smile Expressions for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    FWSA Serena HD
    Diana and Jones Outfit for Genesis 2 Male(s) and Female(s)

I get at 19.59

as soon as I add anything more - be it a pc+ or any mm item (no matter if old or new) or a random item from the store or an item from fastgrab... all the prices go higher than they were without the added item.

I get the same result as Taozen using the same Items... thing is... there must be more to the 20 off of 50 thing than just "no gift cards and no memberships" because I tried non pc items... even non pc and non mm items... the only way - besides recreating Taozen's cart - I get the 20 off is to only put items into the cart that are definitley NOT in sale (so not even 1 % off)

Anyhoo... in the end it saved me at least $10 (or a lot more than the 20 advertised) and I still have the things I really wanted to get, without filling it up with things are nice, but I would have just used to get the 20 off *g*

Post edited by BlazeMystEra on
    edited December 1969

I can't get it to work with PC+ items either. But it seems to work with everything else.

• winmathwinmath Posts: 136
    edited December 1969

The $20 discount seems to be divided among the number of non PC+ items in your cart. So the per item discount will be decrease if you add more items. But the prices should still be lower that the regular sale prices.

edited December 1969

Linda said:
    The $20 discount seems to be divided among the number of non PC+ items in your cart. So the per item discount will be decrease if you add more items. But the prices should still be lower that the regular sale prices.

Exactly this

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

I really have to change my routine: forum first ... store second.
    What a monumental and misleading waste of time.
    Thanks for that, DAZ.
    *grumble* no sale for you *grumble*

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited December 1969

I did not buy any PC+ items but of the MM and PA catalog items I purchased from my wish list I think I had the opposite happen and got discounted too much.

With only 3 items in my cart Shoxo color for Vidal braids, the HD addon for Stephanie and the Nox outfit by Ignus my total was only 6 dollars. with the Stephanie add on being completely free. Its like I got the 20 plus the MM discount due to it counting the S6HD at full price of $39.95

I'm certainly not complaining on getting a good deal if its intended, but that almost feels like an instance of it wasn't supposed to work that way.

sale_pricing.png
    277 x 332 - 16K
    edited December 1969

Yep, I noticed that with the HD add-ons too. But it may also go the other way so adding the HD add-on will increase the total with more than $2.99. Depends on what's in the cart, the total etc..
    --

cart20off-4.jpg
    816 x 843 - 103K
    edited March 2015

Yeah, I guessed that it was some sort of error on the back-end rather than a miscommunicated deal, simply because the results weren't consistent. We'll see if DAZ decides to fix it and/or extend the deal, who knows?

edit: Further testing shows that loading the cart up to $50 gets the $20 discount applied... which apparently stays applied when you remove items off the cart. o_o Just tested this with a bunch of DO items at -51% off.

Post edited by mtl1 on
  • mcarlsonrbmcarlsonrb Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Works for me unless I try to buy one of the 2.99 HD add ons at the same time.

Cart has two march madness items, one fast grab, and three from today's PA sales.

Total with those is 17.84, which has the discount applied correctly.

Add Olympia 6 HD Add-on and it shows as 0.00 in the cart, but the cart total is now 23.67.

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

I hope it doesn't get fixed, because this is a great deal and my payment won't go through.