Issue At Checkout

2»

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,884
    edited March 2015

Works for me unless I try to buy one of the 2.99 HD add ons at the same time.

Cart has two march madness items, one fast grab, and three from today's PA sales.

Total with those is 17.84, which has the discount applied correctly.

Add Olympia 6 HD Add-on and it shows as 0.00 in the cart, but the cart total is now 23.67.

I think it's when the total is at or over $30 (without HD item), which means that the $50 boundary has been hit, that the HD items jumps up to cost $5-6 if you add them.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Harkonnen1969Harkonnen1969 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

I don't seem to be able to make sense of what's happening, I have no pc club items in no membership or gift cards but not discount! There seems to be something strange happening, possibly discount being applied before $50 dollar amount being reached!

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506
    edited December 1969

Banner now says that it excludes PC+ items. Haven't checked whether or not the other bugs persist though.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

how much time we got left? it's been atleast 6 hours

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

An honest question for any DAZ people reading; why are discounts like this automatically divided between each qualifying item in the cart WITH NO INDICATION THAT THE DISCOUNT HAS BEEN TRIGGERED — except that some prices abruptly go berserk? As things stand, it's a laborious and lengthy bit of work to sort out what discount is applying, if the discount is applying (some discounts are stacked, some aren't), and which items actually qualify to go towards the $50 trigger amount.

It doesn't help that the numbers don't always make sense. A $50 cart with $20 discount leaves $30, right? Why am I sometimes getting a discounted cart total of just over $20 — that shouldn't be possible?

Why can't we have the cart showing the pre-discount prices for each item, with the discount (when it's triggered) added at the bottom in a separate line? I'm spending ages going round and round, trying out stuff from my wishlist, trying out stuff in the "All MM Items" category, adding things, taking away things...

I'm tempted to pack it in — is my time worth the potential discount I might get from messing around with this opaque and user-hostile system for another half-hour or an hour? I want to buy things, I want to get the best deal I can, but the design of the store is making it difficult.

• ChatjdChatjd Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

One thing I found, that may clear things up are some of the 30% or 73% discounts applied, apply weirdly and thus mess the $20 off 50$ up.
    So, Added the following to my cart:
    LoRez Skeleton Bundle: Regular Price = 39.95 / 30% discount = 27.97
    Terror Eyes for Genesis: Regular Price = 10.95 / 73% discount = 2.99
    This subtotals to $50.90 in the cart, but then the "discount" is applied (-$19.94) and the final total is: 30.96. The $20 off 50$ doesn't then apply. However for the 40%/50% March Madness discounts seem to apply after the the $20 off 50$ was factored.

I had better luck with the store madness or combining multiple march madness items to get the 50% discount: So one of the many orders I put in (once I figured it out):
    Item #01: Full Price = 17.95 / with the 50% March madness and then the $20 of $50 = 1.75
    Item #02: Full Price = 17.95 / with the 50% March madness and then the $20 of $50 = 1.76
    Item #03: Full Price = 11.95 / with the 50% March madness and then the $20 of $50 = 1.17
    Item #04: Full Price = 8.95 / with the 50% March madness and then the $20 of $50 = 0.88

So, factor in the red % discounts in before the $50 subtotal while the rest factor in after and you should be able to use this offer.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

This is probably an indication that the store isn't working properly. This thread has likely already been reported to Daz. I expect the 8 hour sale will be ending very soon. Enjoy your bargains while you can.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

gosh darn, rushed through the cart, bought the wrong outfit. i panicked.

got the dinosaur i wanted :)

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506
    edited December 1969

I caved and bought some other stuff :D

edited December 1969

I wanted to buy dynamic clothing control but because was 5cent short of $50 dollars it did not get discount but had to ad other stuff. The amount should be changed to just below to accommodate things like this!

• Lord MajesticLord Majestic Posts: 51
    edited March 2015

I can't get it to work either, but it's not just the sale the whole cart is borked....

I've got 5 items in my cart, total 29.57 (Image 1)

If I add the Cast Away Dinghy which is supposed to be free because I have 2 MM items, it's listed as 0.00 but the whole cart goes up to 31.63. An increase of 2.06. (Image 2)

If I then add the Stephanie 6 HD Add-On which is supposed to be 2.99 because I have a MM item, it's listed as 0.00 but the whole cart goes up to 36.70. An increase of 5.07. (Image 3)

So in total (If the original 29.57 is right, which I'm having doubts about, but don't have time to do the math) I'll be paying 4.14 (36.70 - 29.57 - 2.99) more than I should be.

Every time you add something the price shown for all the items changes. What I think it's doing is trying to spread the total discount over all the items instead of applying each items own discount. But getting it totally wrong somehow.

I'll buy the cart, then issue a ticket and see what happens, it might make them see the issue.

I wonder how long this issue has been around?

EDIT: The images are in reverse order, 1's at the bottom, 3 at the top.

Cart3.jpg
    757 x 882 - 124K
    Cart2.jpg
    742 x 879 - 129K
    Cart1.jpg
    731 x 849 - 117K
    Post edited by Lord Majestic on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,649
    edited March 2015

While it lasted the $20 off $50 was a great offer and a lot of fun especially when combined with other MM items. I was able to get the Greeble City Blocks bundle for $9.65 and a lot of other items for an average of $1.35 each. Now I'm both exhausted and broke.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited December 1969

For those in the wrong timezone you could sleep through a sale and miss out!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,884
    edited March 2015

It doesn't help that the numbers don't always make sense. A $50 cart with $20 discount leaves $30, right? Why am I sometimes getting a discounted cart total of just over $20 — that shouldn't be possible?

In this case it may be the HD items - they count for about $40 so if you add other items for over $10 you hit the $50 and the discount starts getting subtracted from all the items. Though I haven't tried to understand the exact math behind it - it seems a bit obscure to me.

Maybe someone should write a tutorial "Understanding DAZ Store Math". :lol:

Post edited by Taoz on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    edited December 1969

It is a shame to those that missed out, but last nights sale represented the best deal of the sale so far, and the first time that March Maddness truly lived up to its name. As many found, discovering what to put into the cart to trigger the 20$ off was not completely clear, but when I added 50$ worth of PA items from the March Maddness list, the total price was normally in the 5-7$ range representing a discount of around 90%. I picked up a number of fairly expensive items at these bargain prices.

Unfortunately there was only 900 or so MM items that day, and only a few of my favourite PAs where on sale that day, but still enough to get some things that I hope should be useful at some point in the future.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,185
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure how the sale yesterday was supposed to work, but apparently the "20$ vom 50$"-rebate (which equals 40%) was added to the MM rebate (in my case 10% higher for the Monique/Darius-purchase) and applied whether or not a newly mad or still mad product was also in the cart. The overall rebate was > 90% as long as the regular price of all products in the cart was not much higher than slightly over 50$.

I really enjoyed it. Too bad there was no overlap with todays catch-up sale (bringing all the stores to MM mode again) or the 200 greatest from 2014.

But you can't have it all ;-)

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

I'll just use this topic for a new issue...
    I tried getting the Lee 6 basis figure, since it's part of the top items sale ... it doesn't discount below the 30 off... if I put in andy other 30% off Item it discounts... but Lee doesn't . I'd really have liked to get him :-/

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,550
    edited December 1969

I'll just use this topic for a new issue...
    I tried getting the Lee 6 basis figure, since it's part of the top items sale ... it doesn't discount below the 30 off... if I put in andy other 30% off Item it discounts... but Lee doesn't . I'd really have liked to get him :-/

I'll report this, thank you.

edited December 1969

No... thank you, Richard :)

edited December 1969

update of total awesomeness... lee 6 does discount now!
    thanks again richard ... and whoever was so nice to work on a sunday and fix that!