[Released] Smart Collections [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• Seeker Stock ArtSeeker Stock Art Posts: 76
    edited July 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

I think I just discovered the issue (I've attached a screenshot of where it appears all my product icons ran off to). It was probably a OneDrive syncing issue. I found what looks to me like all the product icons sitting in OneDrive instead of my external drive. I've just disabled OneDrive and uninstalled it so I don't end up with this same situation again when I reinstall all my stuff. I'll let you know if this fixes the Smart Collections problem.

I hope that fixes it for you.  I did notice in the log that there were references like 

D:data/cloud/meta/1_74069.jpg D:data/cloud/meta/1_74069.jpg

The D: without the slash would be a problem.  That makes it look like your cloud installs are going somewhere weird.

UPDATE: Fellow Dazzie Daniel Wright figured it out! While I think the issue last time was that some of my Smart Collections files were getting dumped on my OneDrive, this time around (after reinstalling everything) it turned out I was missing a directory path for Daz Connect in the Content Directory Manager. He had me create an empty Daz Connect Library folder and use that path in the directory. And voila, that fixed the issue.

So even though I download all my assets through the DIM, it sounds like Smart Collections needs to use Daz Connect in some way? In any case, thank you so much for helping me troubleshoot this. So thrilled I can get back to using Smart Collections again. Such a great product! Thank you for making it.

Post edited by Seeker Stock Art on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

I think I just discovered the issue (I've attached a screenshot of where it appears all my product icons ran off to). It was probably a OneDrive syncing issue. I found what looks to me like all the product icons sitting in OneDrive instead of my external drive. I've just disabled OneDrive and uninstalled it so I don't end up with this same situation again when I reinstall all my stuff. I'll let you know if this fixes the Smart Collections problem.

I hope that fixes it for you.  I did notice in the log that there were references like 

The D: without the slash would be a problem.  That makes it look like your cloud installs are going somewhere weird.

UPDATE: Fellow Dazzie Daniel Wright figured it out! While I think the issue last time was that some of my Smart Collections files were getting dumped on my OneDrive, this time around (after reinstalling everything) it turned out I was missing a directory path for Daz Connect in the Content Directory Manager. He had me create an empty Daz Connect Library folder and use that path in the directory. And voila, that fixed the issue.

So even though I download all my assets through the DIM, it sounds like Smart Collections needs to use Daz Connect in some way? In any case, thank you so much for helping me troubleshoot this. So thrilled I can get back to using Smart Collections again. Such a great product! Thank you for making it.

Oh that is wonderful!  When SC pulls images for the products, it takes them from wherever DS tells it to take them.  DS must have been telling it to use the Daz Connect directories for some reason.  I am so glad you got it working.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

Oh that is wonderful!  When SC pulls images for the products, it takes them from wherever DS tells it to take them.  DS must have been telling it to use the Daz Connect directories for some reason.  I am so glad you got it working.

Oh good to know! Now to write down everything that happened so I can ensure I don't have any of these issues ever again. LOL! So sorry to take up your time, but I truly appreciate you helping to figure this out. I learned a lot about how Smart Collections works. That's for sure! Thank you!

edited July 2022

Something I wanted to mention that happens every once in a while with Smart Collections. It seems kinda random but it also seems like it happens more when I am adding older assets to Smart Collections. So I'll be rolling along creating collections and all of a sudden Smart Collections will stop as I'm adding an asset to a collection and get hung up and freeze. Eventually  it unfreezes if I wait long enough and it basically ends up showing gobs and gobs of assets dumped into the Smart Collection. Random stuff that I didn't put in there. The only way I can get Smart Collections working again is to restart Daz. Update: Hmm.. this is odd. Usually if I just restart Daz Studio enough, eventually Smart Collections stops crashing and I can use it again. But this time, I've restarted my computer, restarted Daz, and tried a super quick one item test Smart Collection and it still won't work. Is there a work around I can try?

I wasn't sure if this was a bug or if my computers are still wonky. Though I must say, with all this Smart Collections snafu, I was able to troubleshoot and fix a bunch of other things related to where my files were located on my drive. #silverlining

Has anyone else reported this issue? Is it just me? It's probably just me, isn't it. LOL

Cheri Lasota said:

Something I wanted to mention that happens every once in a while with Smart Collections. It seems kinda random but it also seems like it happens more when I am adding older assets to Smart Collections. So I'll be rolling along creating collections and all of a sudden Smart Collections will stop as I'm adding an asset to a collection and get hung up and freeze. Eventually  it unfreezes if I wait long enough and it basically ends up showing gobs and gobs of assets dumped into the Smart Collection. Random stuff that I didn't put in there. The only way I can get Smart Collections working again is to restart Daz. Update: Hmm.. this is odd. Usually if I just restart Daz Studio enough, eventually Smart Collections stops crashing and I can use it again. But this time, I've restarted my computer, restarted Daz, and tried a super quick one item test Smart Collection and it still won't work. Is there a work around I can try?

I wasn't sure if this was a bug or if my computers are still wonky. Though I must say, with all this Smart Collections snafu, I was able to troubleshoot and fix a bunch of other things related to where my files were located on my drive. #silverlining

Has anyone else reported this issue? Is it just me? It's probably just me, isn't it. LOL

You will need to show me the log.  Display it first in a text editor, and then try the offending asset.  Even if DS crashes (or hangs), the text editor (at least Notepad++) will go: "the file has been changed by an external application.  Reload?" and you can pull in changes)  (Usually, if an asset takes a long time, it is because it is part of the Local User "product", which has on most systems TONS of assets.)

• RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

You will need to show me the log.  Display it first in a text editor, and then try the offending asset.  Even if DS crashes (or hangs), the text editor (at least Notepad++) will go: "the file has been changed by an external application.  Reload?" and you can pull in changes)  (Usually, if an asset takes a long time, it is because it is part of the Local User "product", which has on most systems TONS of assets.)

I had the text editor open but I didn't get the Reload message. Nothing occurred in the log, and I eventually had to close the program because it hung up so long. Smart Collections has been freezing no matter what asset I try to install. Even items I've previously and easily added/installed into a Smart Collection. 

My initial thought for anything like this is to uninstall and reinstall Smart Collections, but if I did that, I'd lose two days of collection installs and have to redo those all over again, wouldn't I?

Is there anything else I could try before I go the nuclear option?

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

I had the text editor open but I didn't get the Reload message. Nothing occurred in the log, and I eventually had to close the program because it hung up so long. Smart Collections has been freezing no matter what asset I try to install. Even items I've previously and easily added/installed into a Smart Collection. 

My initial thought for anything like this is to uninstall and reinstall Smart Collections, but if I did that, I'd lose two days of collection installs and have to redo those all over again, wouldn't I?

Is there anything else I could try before I go the nuclear option?

Which text editor and which OS?  On windows, Notepad++ will definitely prompt you to reload.

Is Smart Collections freezing on its start?  Then use regedit (if you are comfortable with using it and on WIndows) to delete the registry entries for Smart Collections.  I

edited July 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

Which text editor and which OS?  On windows, Notepad++ will definitely prompt you to reload.

Is Smart Collections freezing on its start?  Then use regedit (if you are comfortable with using it and on WIndows) to delete the registry entries for Smart Collections. 

Looks like Notepad is the default when I click on View Log File. How do I force it to open in Notepad++? I do have Notepad++ already on my machine, and I'm on the latest Windows 11 version. I've not rummaged around in a registry in, like, 20 years. Been a Mac girl until quite recently. ;) That said, if you can tell me what to delete, I can figure out the rest possibly.

After it freezes and I restart Daz Studio, I'm able to open a Smart Collection and click install. That's when it hangs at the moment. Previously, it would typically freeze seemingly at random when I'd try to add an asset to a collection. It happened more often when I'd try to add a bunch of items to a collection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE: Finally got a small Smart Collection to finish an install, though it was very slow. This is a collection I created successfully previously and has just three things in it.

The log looks so bizarre this time around that I wasn't sure where to cut it off and send it to you.

My concern if I uninstall and reinstall Smart Collections and redo all the collections again, I'll just end up in the same boat when I hit a problem asset and this happens again.

txt
    txt
    Latest Log Data 7-11-22 at 6 pm.txt

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Is Smart Collections freezing on its start?  Then use regedit (if you are comfortable with using it and on WIndows) to delete the registry entries for Smart Collections. 

Looks like Notepad is the default when I click on View Log File. How do I force it to open in Notepad++? I do have Notepad++ already on my machine, and I'm on the latest Windows 11 version. I've not rummaged around in a registry in, like, 20 years. Been a Mac girl until quite recently. ;) That said, if you can tell me what to delete, I can figure out the rest possibly.

After it freezes and I restart Daz Studio, I'm able to open a Smart Collection and click install. That's when it hangs at the moment. Previously, it would typically freeze seemingly at random when I'd try to add an asset to a collection. It happened more often when I'd try to add a bunch of items to a collection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE: Finally got a small Smart Collection to finish an install, though it was very slow. This is a collection I created successfully previously and has just three things in it.

The log looks so bizarre this time around that I wasn't sure where to cut it off and send it to you.

My concern if I uninstall and reinstall Smart Collections and redo all the collections again, I'll just end up in the same boat when I hit a problem asset and this happens again.

That log has nothing to do with the Smart Collections.  When you run Smart Collections, there should be at least a couple of lines like this:

2022-07-12 06:57:33.831 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartCollectionsConstants.dsa
    2022-07-12 06:57:33.834 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartCollectionsFunctions.dsa

• Okay, figured all that out. Please see the attached correct log for my Body Adornments Collection. It definitely hung up for quite awhile and eventually finished up. At least it's not currently crashing. That's something, right?

Would it help if I reimport metadata in Content DB maintenance? I assume if I reset the database, I'd have to reinstall all my collections again.

txt
    txt
    BodyAdornments Collection Log.txt

Cheri Lasota said:

Okay, figured all that out. Please see the attached correct log for my Body Adornments Collection. It definitely hung up for quite awhile and eventually finished up. At least it's not currently crashing. That's something, right?

Would it help if I reimport metadata in Content DB maintenance? I assume if I reset the database, I'd have to reinstall all my collections again.

Do you have a large local user "product"?  The log is showing a LONG time between the messages to "Removing XXX asset from local store: LOCAL USER" and the next log message.  The line hanging things is trying to remove the asset from the local user product (which is a Daz DB call) and it is taking 1.5 minutes or longer for each call to the one line.  I don't see how I can speed that up as that is dependant on DS.  You need to look at ways to clean up the database so it is fast again.

edited July 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

Okay, figured all that out. Please see the attached correct log for my Body Adornments Collection. It definitely hung up for quite awhile and eventually finished up. At least it's not currently crashing. That's something, right?

Do you have a large local user "product"?  The log is showing a LONG time between the messages to "Removing XXX asset from local store: LOCAL USER" and the next log message.  The line hanging things is trying to remove the asset from the local user product (which is a Daz DB call) and it is taking 1.5 minutes or longer for each call to the one line.  I don't see how I can speed that up as that is dependant on DS.  You need to look at ways to clean up the database so it is fast again

Decided to go ahead and reset database and reimport metadata and it finally showed me there was a bunch of assets in Local User Product. I'm removing references from there as I type this. Will try Smart Collections again after I'm finished with that and let you know if it worked. Thanks for the tip!

UPDATE: Got it working again at long last. It took removing everything out of Local User, resetting the database, reimporting metadata, removing another 2000 items from Local User. amd uninstalling/reinstalling Smart Collections, but it's finally done.

Thank you for continuing to help me troubleshoot this. Couldn't have done any of this without you. I promise I won't bug you for at least a whole day. LOL!

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

Do you have a large local user "product"?  The log is showing a LONG time between the messages to "Removing XXX asset from local store: LOCAL USER" and the next log message.  The line hanging things is trying to remove the asset from the local user product (which is a Daz DB call) and it is taking 1.5 minutes or longer for each call to the one line.  I don't see how I can speed that up as that is dependant on DS.  You need to look at ways to clean up the database so it is fast again

Decided to go ahead and reset database and reimport metadata and it finally showed me there was a bunch of assets in Local User Product. I'm removing references from there as I type this. Will try Smart Collections again after I'm finished with that and let you know if it worked. Thanks for the tip!

UPDATE: Got it working again at long last. It took removing everything out of Local User, resetting the database, reimporting metadata, removing another 2000 items from Local User. amd uninstalling/reinstalling Smart Collections, but it's finally done.

Thank you for continuing to help me troubleshoot this. Couldn't have done any of this without you. I promise I won't bug you for at least a whole day. LOL!

I am so glad you got it working!  I am so sorry you had to go through so much effort to get it working, but sometimes DS just gets in a state where I think only the programmers know who to fix it. sad

• RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

I am so glad you got it working!  I am so sorry you had to go through so much effort to get it working, but sometimes DS just gets in a state where I think only the programmers know who to fix it. sad

I'm glad I was able to clean up a bunch of filing issues, but super happy I can now use Smart Collections again. I know it will save me boatloads of time in the end.

I did want to mention that I found a workaround for one of the original issues I was having with Smart Collections where it'll randomly freak out and dump hundreds of assets into a Smart Collection for no particular reason. It happens really randomly, but I can tell you it only happens when I select more than one asset at a time to add to a collection. But anyway, the work around is to just get out of the smart collection by hitting the cancel button, opening the collection again, and then adding each item to that collection one at a time only. That seems to get around the glitch somehow or other. If anyone else has this issue and you find a fix for it, let me know. It happens quite a bit for me.

Thanks again!

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

I'm glad I was able to clean up a bunch of filing issues, but super happy I can now use Smart Collections again. I know it will save me boatloads of time in the end.

I did want to mention that I found a workaround for one of the original issues I was having with Smart Collections where it'll randomly freak out and dump hundreds of assets into a Smart Collection for no particular reason. It happens really randomly, but I can tell you it only happens when I select more than one asset at a time to add to a collection. But anyway, the work around is to just get out of the smart collection by hitting the cancel button, opening the collection again, and then adding each item to that collection one at a time only. That seems to get around the glitch somehow or other. If anyone else has this issue and you find a fix for it, let me know. It happens quite a bit for me.

Thanks again!

You're welcome.  And thank you for sharing the tip.  I will see if the tip can help me hunt down the problem.

• Hi Everyone!

I've finished "Fixing" the meta-data *.dsx files for my entire library and would like to get started organizing content with Smart Collections (purchased back in december).  I can go two different routes with organizing based upon the capability of Smart Collections.  I would like to know if a smart collection can contain smart collections?  IE: If I make smar collection called !SC Fantasy, under it could I put in collections for Clothing, Creatures, Environments, Props and Vehicles?  This way I can have a heirarchial structure for organizing (which I prefer as that's the way I think when searching for assets) or does it have to be a flat structure where I would have to make each collection on the same "level"?

Basically I would like to create 5 genres, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary, Military and Steam-Punk and then categorize appropriately underneath respective collections.  Is this doable or do I have to make like, !SC-Fantasy Clothing, !SC-Sci-Fi Clothing, and have a screen full of collections to choose from?

Also, last capability question, does Smart Collections allow you to link assets to more than one collection?  For example, an outfit or prop that can conceivably go under the contemporary grouping AND the sci-fi grouping simultaneously - Could I do that?

Thank you for your work.  I am a big fan of your products and use then quite a bit (especially Content Wizard - Which I will have a question over in that forum as well.)

• RaketeRakete Posts: 90
    edited January 5

Hi, I've ran into the same problem as with Look at Me last year: Smart Collections is super slow if you have a lot of DAZ Connect content installed. It takes up to a minute to launch here. Could you look into fixing this the same way you did for Look at Me? Sadly my old work around does not work for this because I need the DAZ Connect Library folder to stay the same, so I can't just trick Smart Collections into thinking it does not need to crawl the entire cloud dir.

EDIT: Also seems like this has more problems with Daz Connect installed content, it doesn't work at all:

2024-01-06 00:26:32.995 [DEBUG] ::      Adding assets from "Casual Sports Sneakers for Genesis 8" product (37ec759e-4dd7-406f-9b2e-e35ee1c63cd3)
    2024-01-06 00:26:32.996 [INFO] ::      Adding assets from "Casual Sports Sneakers for Genesis 8" product (37ec759e-4dd7-406f-9b2e-e35ee1c63cd3)
    2024-01-06 00:26:33.067 [DEBUG] ::      Adding Base Black.duf asset: People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Casual Sports Sneakers/Iray/Base Black.duf
    2024-01-06 00:26:33.068 [INFO] ::      Adding Base Black.duf asset: People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Casual Sports Sneakers/Iray/Base Black.duf
    2024-01-06 00:26:33.068 [DEBUG] ::           Failed
    2024-01-06 00:26:33.069 [INFO] ::           Failed

I get tons of these when I try to use Daz Connect installed content with Smart Collections. And the Smart Collection ends up only containing the product script, but none of the asset references.

Post edited by Rakete on

Rakete said:

Hi, I've ran into the same problem as with Look at Me last year: Smart Collections is super slow if you have a lot of DAZ Connect content installed. It takes up to a minute to launch here. Could you look into fixing this the same way you did for Look at Me? Sadly my old work around does not work for this because I need the DAZ Connect Library folder to stay the same, so I can't just trick Smart Collections into thinking it does not need to crawl the entire cloud dir.

EDIT: Also seems like this has more problems with Daz Connect installed content, it doesn't work at all:

2024-01-06 00:26:32.995 [DEBUG] ::      Adding assets from "Casual Sports Sneakers for Genesis 8" product (37ec759e-4dd7-406f-9b2e-e35ee1c63cd3)
    2024-01-06 00:26:32.996 [INFO] ::      Adding assets from "Casual Sports Sneakers for Genesis 8" product (37ec759e-4dd7-406f-9b2e-e35ee1c63cd3)
    2024-01-06 00:26:33.067 [DEBUG] ::      Adding Base Black.duf asset: People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Casual Sports Sneakers/Iray/Base Black.duf
    2024-01-06 00:26:33.068 [INFO] ::      Adding Base Black.duf asset: People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Casual Sports Sneakers/Iray/Base Black.duf
    2024-01-06 00:26:33.068 [DEBUG] ::           Failed
    2024-01-06 00:26:33.069 [INFO] ::           Failed

I get tons of these when I try to use Daz Connect installed content with Smart Collections. And the Smart Collection ends up only containing the product script, but none of the asset references.

I will look into it.