3D printing, I am waiting

13»

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

the printer software has a region code and the cartridge has a region code?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,956
    edited May 2015

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/8897/cartridges-not-being-recognized/
    an insight into the issue
    I am not alone, I may need to reintall the original software that came with it and block it from accessing the net to upgrade and spy on me.

yes success blocking XYZware in windows firewall creating a new rule for incoming and outgoing fixed it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

what an ass-in-9 way for a company to do business :bug:

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

what an ass-in-9 way for a company to do business :bug:

Why...2D printer companies have been doing it that way for years, quite successfully, for that matter...for a while it was cheaper to buy a new inkjet than it was to buy new cartridges for it (for certain brands).

edited December 1969

bendover is a name of a town in one of the states. :shut:

edited May 2015

awwwwwww he snapped off at ankles was looking good

2015-05-06_11.21_.02_.jpg
    800 x 600 - 199K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

3dTox said:
    Is DAZ going to start doing 3D printing of custom projects anytime soon or should I be looking to purchase my own 3D printer?
    Also is there going to be more information on the topic as promised or has Iray taken all their attention.

Before purchasing a printer, might want to check out some of the local 3D print services. They seem to be popping up in many a mall.

that is where the DAZ EULA becomes a problem.
    I would arrange to print out all my favourite DAZ characters tomorrow if it were not for that.
    There certainly are a lot of printers around, thanks to google I now get ADs for them on every AD supported site I visit.

Taken directly from the EULA on the link from the help page :

The creation of three-dimensional physical representations (3D-print, molded copy, CNC-routed copy, and the like) of Content or any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only for personal, non-commercial use by the User. Additionally, the user may not grant other entities or individuals the right to produce such physical representations of the Content except for the sole purpose of providing the print to the User for their personal use.

If your goal is to just get someone else to print them for your personal use, it seems legal from that wording. You just can't sell or even give them to a friend.

Just a simple question, because I don`t really understand what this part of the EULA means.

By looking around in Forum, Gallery or Internet, it is clear to me that some people make CD Cover, Book Covers, Book Illustrations, Comics, Poster and more with DAZ Studio or DAZ Studio Content and sell it.

So my question is; is this allowed because depending on this part of the EULA, I think, it is a three-dimensional physical representation?

Or for example; if someone do a render in DAZ Studio and than print the render on a T-Shirt or a Mug or whatever and sell it; is it allowed or not? (I`m not talking about giving the 3D Model or it`s data to someone who do the printing, I´m only takling about a finished render)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2015

R25S said:
    3dTox said:
    Is DAZ going to start doing 3D printing of custom projects anytime soon or should I be looking to purchase my own 3D printer?
    Also is there going to be more information on the topic as promised or has Iray taken all their attention.

Before purchasing a printer, might want to check out some of the local 3D print services. They seem to be popping up in many a mall.

that is where the DAZ EULA becomes a problem.
    I would arrange to print out all my favourite DAZ characters tomorrow if it were not for that.
    There certainly are a lot of printers around, thanks to google I now get ADs for them on every AD supported site I visit.

Taken directly from the EULA on the link from the help page :

The creation of three-dimensional physical representations (3D-print, molded copy, CNC-routed copy, and the like) of Content or any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only for personal, non-commercial use by the User. Additionally, the user may not grant other entities or individuals the right to produce such physical representations of the Content except for the sole purpose of providing the print to the User for their personal use.

If your goal is to just get someone else to print them for your personal use, it seems legal from that wording. You just can't sell or even give them to a friend.

Just a simple question, because I don`t really understand what this part of the EULA means.

By looking around in Forum, Gallery or Internet, it is clear to me that some people make CD Cover, Book Covers, Book Illustrations, Comics, Poster and more with DAZ Studio or DAZ Studio Content and sell it.

So my question is; is this allowed because depending on this part of the EULA, I think, it is a three-dimensional physical representation?

Or for example; if someone do a render in DAZ Studio and than print the render on a T-Shirt or a Mug or whatever and sell it; is it allowed or not? (I`m not talking about giving the 3D Model or it`s data to someone who do the printing, I´m only takling about a finished render)

You are getting a bit muddled with what a 3D print is I think.

This is a 3D print. http://www.daz3d.com/small-mei-lin-6-3d-print The images in the store are 2D images of a 3D printed model. :coolsmile:

As per the EULA the 2D images (renders) you produce from the content you buy from DAZ 3D are yours to do what you wish with, including commercial usage.

Actual physical 3 Dimensional representations, ie 3D prints are different.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

Yes... what makes my confuse is

"...any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only for personal, non-commercial use by the User. Additionally, the user may not grant other entities or individuals the right to produce such physical representations..."

In my opinion a picture (made with DAZ Studio/Content) printet on a T-Shirt or Mug or whatever is a physical representation... and if I sell it, it is a commercial use, too. So I thought this is not allowed but if you say that`s OK; thats fine.
    (I know commercial use is only permitted if the creator of the content doesn`t say it needs a written permission... than I need this before using it in commercial ways)

Thank you for the clearance.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,168
    edited December 1969

R25S said:
    Yes... what makes my confuse is

"...any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only for personal, non-commercial use by the User. Additionally, the user may not grant other entities or individuals the right to produce such physical representations..."

In my opinion a picture (made with DAZ Studio/Content) printet on a T-Shirt or Mug or whatever is a physical representation... and if I sell it, it is a commercial use, too. So I thought this is not allowed but if you say that`s OK; thats fine.
    (I know commercial use is only permitted if the creator of the content doesn`t say it needs a written permission... than I need this before using it in commercial ways)

Thank you for the clearance.

The shirt may be 3D, but it isn't derived from the DAZ models. A 2D images printed on the shirt is derived from the DAZ content but it isn't 3D. T-shirt designs are covered by the standard EULA.

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

So how is the 3D printing going :D
    Did you make more figures?

edited December 1969

nah taking a break and rendering instead, its cheaper, may resume later

• EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

Thats too bad. You got some nice results. Hopefully the cartridges will get cheaper.

i'm looking at 3d printers on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_76_0?fst=as:off&rh=n:16310091,n:6066126011,n:6066127011,k:3d+printer,p_76:1249158011&keywords=3d+printer&ie=UTF8&qid=1442098583&rnid=1249156011

i think someone mentioned something about dual

does anyone have experience with one of these?

i want to print faerie figurines.  (modeled from scratch, don't want license problems)

this is the best seller  http://www.amazon.com/FlashForge-Structure-Optimized-Platform-Extruder/dp/B00I8NM6JO

dual extruder. says works with abs and pla.

abs is the lego material?  don't understand what pla means  lol

• I'm going to pop in here and say that I don't have any further information to release about any current or future 3d printing plans.

That said, we have done many test prints with various figures and models and any FDM printer (or any extruder-based printer) is going to give pretty poor results when trying to print figurines and the like. FDM printers are great for producing actual physical objects but they end up with an extremely rough and low-detail surface.

Laser / DLP resin based printers give you a much higher level of detail (while still being single color) and even though they cost a little bit more if you are seriously considering 3d printing figurines they are definitely the way to go. The Form Labs 1+ and the Pegasus Touch both have been working out great for us in our test prints.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    DAZ_Rawb said:

I'm going to pop in here and say that I don't have any further information to release about any current or future 3d printing plans.

That said, we have done many test prints with various figures and models and any FDM printer (or any extruder-based printer) is going to give pretty poor results when trying to print figurines and the like. FDM printers are great for producing actual physical objects but they end up with an extremely rough and low-detail surface.

Laser / DLP resin based printers give you a much higher level of detail (while still being single color) and even though they cost a little bit more if you are seriously considering 3d printing figurines they are definitely the way to go. The Form Labs 1+ and the Pegasus Touch both have been working out great for us in our test prints.

Would it be possible to post a few picts of your results? It would be nice to see what kind of results you're getting from DAZ figures, if possible.

-- Walt Sterdan

• I agree having experienced the Limitations of xyz printing and am considering getting professionally made prints myself, if DAZ had a deal with a company like Shapeways to do custom prints I would use it, I want specific items not the redone ones as in store.

i have not used my printer mainly due to the toxic fumes that make me very miserable and it requires a connection to my computer so until I can get a very long powered USB cord and relocate it it is unused.

lollll

ahchoo

so, when you put clothes on a figure to print, all the underlying geometry has to come out?

trying to think of a workflow to manage that ... geograft clothes?

• No makes no difference so long as it is watertight and in the case of an XYZ printer like mine build able from the base up by extrusion of plastic from a nozzle.

okay.  thanks.  wasn't sure if it would count as hidden geometry.

my first 'on the clock' request for a headset model.  wheeeee

meshlab where are you....

This discussion has been closed.